• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Portland, OR. Anyone in the area?

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Hey everyone,

I'm moving all the way from New Jersey to study at PSU for grad school. I'm not really going to know anyone and smash has always been a great way to meet some cool people. When I'm in practice I'm a pretty high-level casual player/low-level tourney player, but I'm up for melee with anyone of any skill level. If I'm not mistaken Eggz is from OR, but I don't know where or anyone else from here. If you're up for some melee or maybe a beer or two, hit me up here or just PM me.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Well there's a pretty good melee scene around portland. I don't think anyone lives downtown, we're mostly in the suburbs, but I work near PSU. We typically operate on our oregon facebook group, but we also use the oregon thread. The facebook group is where we post about most of our smashfests. I could swing by and smash sometimes when I get off work. Welcome to oregon!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
The facebook page is your best bet. The Smashboards Oregon thread is fine, but you'll get more responses on the FB page. Eggz and I live together in Hillsboro. Depending on when you get here, there is a tournament in Eugene (2 and a half hours south of portland) this Saturday. A lot of people from Portland are probably going to it, so you could hitch a ride. If you need to know anything else, just let me know

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Thanks, Peach and Indigestible. When I'm moving is sort of up in the air right now, based on a couple of job opportunities. I'm going to get on the facebook group now and I'll hit y'all up once I'm out there. Can't wait!

Top Bottom