• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Pit, wanna make him my main, and I've got a question

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So the Pit Down-B attack, I know it's a reflector and it can also turn people around when they do physical attacks but does anyone have the hitbox for it?

It just seems like it can be used as a technique to block all recoveries beyond like Ness/Lucas's. I haven't tested it out since I just picked up Pit <_< but like is the hitbox of the attack sufficient enough to stop a shuttle loop? And where are the vulnerabilities in it? As in, can it be used to block vertical attacks as well if you angle it?

SSD

Smash Journeyman
more or less, the hitbox needs to hit the shield, but not pit himself. So you can't block fox/falco/wolf's side B after they start it. Shuttle loop should be...uh...shield cape-able, but vertical things, while you can flip them if you are careful, may still be able to recover.

Like say you shield-cape toon Link's spin attack. If he isn't moving horizontally to being with(pure vertical) flipping it may not do anything, as brawl allows you to grab ledges behind you if you are close enough.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
more or less, the hitbox needs to hit the shield, but not pit himself. So you can't block fox/falco/wolf's side B after they start it. Shuttle loop should be...uh...shield cape-able, but vertical things, while you can flip them if you are careful, may still be able to recover.

Like say you shield-cape toon Link's spin attack. If he isn't moving horizontally to being with(pure vertical) flipping it may not do anything, as brawl allows you to grab ledges behind you if you are close enough.
Actually you can mirror shield falco/fox/wolf side-B, ive done it before. You can mirror shield the shuttle loop, but its hard and risky and if you mess it up you could end up with unfavorable DI. You can also mirror shield Marth's dolphin slash recovery but again, most marths wont let you do that and its a risky attack to recklessly approach. Most likely this will end up with you hitting the side of the board and falling to your doom before you can do anything about it.

Also noteworthy about the shield:
The shield has a frame of 'super armor' when its pulled out on the ground. Also worth mentioning is that you can tilt the shield to point up ad a slightly higher angle, but not downward. When you pull it out you have until the little shiny glimmer ends to reverse a physical attack and make the opponent face the other way. After that, the attack wont harm you but they will still be facing forward and can just grab or attack again. Also, projectiles will be reversed at a higher speed if they hit during this shiny glimmer. When you have the mirror shield out in the air, you can still move backward or forward as it guards you from direct attacks. I think that if you mirror shield zelda's din fire, it wont hurt you even if it appears that the fire hit your actual person.

Wanna know more about the mirror shield? Check this thread out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152410 it will point out anything that i missed or forgot. Use the shield wisely.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Actually you can mirror shield falco/fox/wolf side-B, ive done it before.
You can mirror shield the start of the move, I know that. Which is why I said "after they start it".

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You can reverse those attacks during the move. Though it's completely useless. You have to wait for them to reach the end of the attack and nail them on the very last instance of the move's hitbox. And of course if that's the case they are obviously aiming for the edge and therefore a simple edgehog would be the best idea. Not to mention that actually doing this right is extremely hard. I used to be able to do it on command. That was until I realized exactly how hard a thing it was that I was doing. At which point I've not been able to do it. lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not every recovery though, like ROB's. Just make sure they hit the Shield, and to make em reverse, make em hit the Shield when it's glittering at the beginning.

Esca

Smash Champion
Sars, you have to remember that you can't just sit on the edge with your shield at. I think the shield comes out on frame 3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but nonetheless you need to have very good reaction skills. The best way to do it is start on Ike's. Ike's are very easy to do it to.

Top Bottom