• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Luigi

Za1cha1ry

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys!!

I am picking up Luigi to add to my arsenal of characters!

Can i get some help on how to practice with him and what to combo with?
Also, how the hell do you time the misfire?

Thanks!

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Hey Za1cha1ry!

It's great to hear that you have shown some interest in picking up Luigi. My best advice is to watch other gameplay videos of players like Dong, Otek, Sago, Zael, and you can even look at some of mine if you wish. There are many ways in which you can play this character and you will find that out upon watching these players. I recommend that you just take time to feel the character out, experiment, and just see what you can come up with. Also, misfire timing just takes some getting used to if you are trying to implement it in comboing. I would just focus on the basics first. We currently have an active Luigi discussion group on Skype if you are interested in joining that as well. We all seek advice from one another, cheer eachother on for tournaments, and what not so its pretty chill. Read up on all ya can in the Luigi threads on here as well! There is a lot great data gathered :)

Good luck!

ChexMix

Smash Rookie
Good to see another player pick up Luigi!
Like XYK said, it's a good idea to look up videos and different posts to see how others play and that's a good way to pick up new techniques and skills!
A few things to help you get started:
  • Be sure to get your wavedashing down to the point where you can do it flawlessly.
  • Be real strong offensively and work on spacing.
  • Your jabs and down-b are real great combo starters. His recovery can be one of the best if you know how to do it well.
  • Luigi is a great combo character AND is hard to combo which makes it very easy to play offensively.
  • ETC.!
Look around Youtube and Smashboards for more great tips and techs!
We'll be more than happy to help ya out!
There's a lot to learn!

ACA CREAM

Smash Rookie
like the posts above me say, Wave dashing is your friend. Aside from that if you mix his wavedashing with his great moves (FAir, DAir into down b, it goes on and on) and find the perfect balance, then you're in for quite the ride

Top Bottom