• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Jacksonville and I want to Smash... badly.

deftinw0lf

Smash Rookie
I live on the Northside, should have a way over there no problem. What's it like for people who don't go to UNF to get into the gameroom? Haven't ever been up there, I don't think any of my friends that smash go there.

GmoneyJax

Smash Rookie
gameroom is free/easy to get into, we'll show when you guys show to the tourney :).. you just can't rent **** out (bring your own game/controllers, consoles are there to use tho)

the problem is parking ($3, or weekend is free)

BlueGreenBrown

Smash Cadet
Bringing back this dead thread, is there anyone in Jacksonville still playing melee or P:M? My roommate and I are looking for people to practice against but Jax's scene seems.. dead. Tried the UNF gameroom a few ttimes but everyones just playing smash 3ds.

GmoneyJax

Smash Rookie
There's still a bit of a scene but mostly people just use Facebook. Find Brandon Abdalla.

For the most part, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who will take PM seriously (Ian aka Gwabs is the only one - and he's pretty good). Melee is okay when we have tourneys (again get with Brandon on Facebook and you'll find it all out). Smash 3ds is more my focus atm, but I'm never at the gameroom since no one good goes there.

BlueGreenBrown

Smash Cadet
There's still a bit of a scene but mostly people just use Facebook. Find Brandon Abdalla.

For the most part, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who will take PM seriously (Ian aka Gwabs is the only one - and he's pretty good). Melee is okay when we have tourneys (again get with Brandon on Facebook and you'll find it all out). Smash 3ds is more my focus atm, but I'm never at the gameroom since no one good goes there.
Thanks for all the help, I'll look up Brandon. Hope to see you at a tourney or something.

BlueGreenBrown

Smash Cadet

I'm looking at the map in the facebook group, you live like 2 minutes from me. Small world

GmoneyJax

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I live on UNF's campus and work at the Library lol. If you want to give me your contact info in a private message I could find the time to play (any smash game).

Gwabs

Smash Apprentice
we usually have weeklies on thursdays at Video game rescue which is on blanding. its a far drive but its a nice venue and its free to play

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
Buuuump. Looking to get into melee and PM. Sm4sh had me paying attention to the tournies scene again, but I'm not as interested in getting good at that game as I am melee and PM. Looking to practise or visit local events. Disclaimer: I am a total scrub. Any tech skill I had back in the day I'm having to re-learn.

Top Bottom