• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to IC.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I've been playing the IC for about 3 weeks now, and I have many of the basic chaingrab/alt grabs down to where I can perform them SOMEWHAT consistantly. I've been lurking the IC boards a lot and I've been unable to find anything that helps explain how to keep better control of Nanna.

My biggest problem that I am having currently is that Nana always seems to do something when she is not synced to Popo that gets me/herself killed. For example when I attempted to roll away from HeroMystic's Ike... she performed a blond roll (perfectly understandable). What happened next confused me, because after she rolled the wrong way, instead of running back to Popo... she decided to go trucking at his Ike. Needless to say she got a face full of cannon sound effect sword. Is this just the AI freaking out on me, or is there a way I can prevent Nana from doing stupid actions? It seems like most, if not all of my losses as the IC are attributed to a mistake that the AI controlled Nana made.

BTW, If there is a thread like this somewhere already then I apologize. I did not find anything in the search so if someone can post a link to it (if it exists) that would be super. :bee:

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Welcome to (posting) the boards. :)
I dont think Ive seen this before, but Its probably the AI. For future reference, use the Q&A thread next time mate. :popo:

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure a blonde roll is when you roll using L, so I guess be aware of that.
learning how to space with the ICs is more important than CGs imo, so I would focus more on that :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I've been playing the IC for about 3 weeks now, and I have many of the basic chaingrab/alt grabs down to where I can perform them SOMEWHAT consistantly. I've been lurking the IC boards a lot and I've been unable to find anything that helps explain how to keep better control of Nanna.

My biggest problem that I am having currently is that Nana always seems to do something when she is not synced to Popo that gets me/herself killed. For example when I attempted to roll away from HeroMystic's Ike... she performed a blond roll (perfectly understandable). What happened next confused me, because after she rolled the wrong way, instead of running back to Popo... she decided to go trucking at his Ike. Needless to say she got a face full of cannon sound effect sword. Is this just the AI freaking out on me, or is there a way I can prevent Nana from doing stupid actions? It seems like most, if not all of my losses as the IC are attributed to a mistake that the AI controlled Nana made.

BTW, If there is a thread like this somewhere already then I apologize. I did not find anything in the search so if someone can post a link to it (if it exists) that would be super. :bee:
1. your avi is awesome.

2. nana is dumb and will do everything in her power to **** with you if you aren't in *near* complete control. by herself nana will intentionally perform idiotic maneuvers to gimp you. my advice is learn sopo. learn it like you life DEPENDED on it.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Hah thanks FrozenPopo. I can sopo just fine, thats not the problem really. Its more of an issue when I attempt to recover. She often uses her belay about half a sec before I do, which leads to my belay not being a tether, and we both fall to our deaths.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You just have to wait until shes in the falling animation, then the belay will bring you both back up.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
For example when I attempted to roll away from HeroMystic's Ike...
Name drop. :p

One advice I'll give is that you should stop trying to save Nana when she's falling to her doom because she ran off the stage. :ohwell:

I still wreck you with Mario though. >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nana has been captured by Ike's manliess. What can you do about it Popo? He's tall, strong, has a sword, and have blue hair.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Hey Hero don't you talk about wrecking me with Mario :p

Seems you are forgetting the ties from the other day and the amazing CG's I pulled on you.
Anyway off topic :D

Thanks for the info about the belay b0mb.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nana has been captured by Ike's manliess. What can you do about it Popo? He's tall, strong, has a sword, and have blue hair.
And his poses is hawt. So hawt that Nana is like 'ZOMG!'

Hey Hero don't you talk about wrecking me with Mario :p

Seems you are forgetting the ties from the other day and the amazing CG's I pulled on you.
Lol, I was Fox. >_>

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, once when I was somehow gimped. And nana miraculously made it back on to the stage. She started spazzing out.

Dash dancing, really, really fast. Then disappeared. Strange?

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
lies. why must you lie to me?
Haha, no. I remember it now... Nana was being an *** (as usual)

She was on the stage and I was off the stage... I tried recovery with squall, but just.. missed it.

Then she just started spazzing out. Dash dancing like crazy.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Haha, no. I remember it now... Nana was being an *** (as usual)

She was on the stage and I was off the stage... I tried recovery with squall, but just.. missed it.

Then she just started spazzing out. Dash dancing like crazy.
O_o thats weird.....

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Actually I have had her spaz out on me like that as well. She just runs like a chicken with its head cut off.

Top Bottom