• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Falco. Tech Tips

TheTrainofLOLZ

Smash Rookie
Just picked up Falco to deal with Ganons bad match ups. What is a good training regiment and some tech important for Falco play.
Thanks

Last edited:

KestrelSD

Smash Rookie
For starters, make sure you have the following consistent:
shine wavedash down [hit and no hit timings]
laser-> jc grab
up-B angles to ledge
shortened phantasm
autocancel bair

Falco is a really deep character and this is just the surface but I hope this gives you some decent guidance!

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Similar to what KestrelSD said, you've just gotta start with the basics. Falco is SUPER technical, so make sure you're okay with the time commitment. Short Hop Lasers at most every height, basic (2-3 hit guaranteed) combos, and SHFFL dair/bair are all really important on top of what's been already listed.

TheTrainofLOLZ

Smash Rookie
For starters, make sure you have the following consistent:
shine wavedash down [hit and no hit timings]
laser-> jc grab
up-B angles to ledge
shortened phantasm
autocancel bair

Falco is a really deep character and this is just the surface but I hope this gives you some decent guidance!
Thanks appreciate the help.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Start with the basics like they said, also read my guide/what is there of it so far, and it'll help you a lot as a beginner.

RevySSB

Smash Cadet
maybe you should learn the pillar combo? Also dash-wavedashes which makes you go really fast is also crucial. I am also a newcomer and looked on a lot of tutorials and found great help.

Top Bottom