• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to 64 Who are the best players right now? (Besides Isai)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bron

Smash Rookie
So I was wondering if there are a clear top 5 or something like what melee has with the "gods"?

Studstill

Smash Ace
Difficult question in any sport, much less with our infrastructure. In my humble opinion:
1.Studstill
1. Isai
2. Boom-Jouske
3. Kikoushi-Moyashi-Ruoka-Gershon-Marka-getting blurry

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So I was wondering if there are a clear top 5 or something like what melee has with the "gods"?
to answer your question more clearly, there are a few players who are close to or at isai's level, however none of them live in north america and so you will rarely if ever see these players face off against each other. In north america you have isai on top followed by Superboomfan. no one else can really match up to those guys yet. however there is a lot of rising talent in NA that could catch up soon. some that come to mind are Mariguas, Dexter, Wizzrobe, Kero, The Z. there might be some others that i cant think of right now

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
top 10 in the world in my opinion in no order (mostly based off vids)

- jousuke
- superboomfan
- moyashi
- gerson
- marka
- kikoushi
- mariguas
- prince
- tacos
- jaimeHR

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
I think Tacos, especially in a 12 cb setting, is top 10 in the world for sure, probably top 5 LUV. So I agree with Gav.

Gav where's Isai? I would disagree with Prince but other than that it's a pretty solid list. It's hard to rate Japan because there's a lot of dudes and we haven't seen much.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
the title of the thread is New to 64 Who are the best players right now? (Besides Isai)

Thor

Smash Champion
1. Isai
2. Isai trolling/sandbagging [i.e. with Puff or Link or Mario even when he feasibly could lose] (occasionally gets upset)
3. Not Isai.

It's pretty clear cut actually.

Sedda

Smash Champion
1. Isai
2. Isai trolling/sandbagging [i.e. with Puff or Link or Mario even when he feasibly could lose] (occasionally gets upset)
3. Not Isai.

It's pretty clear cut actually.
no wonder why people think Isai has no competition...

edit: legit question.. how did tacos get so ****ing good? i remember people were underestimating how he'd perform at apex, and he's reking everyone online these days

Last edited:

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Not in any order:
  • Komo
  • tacos
  • Red iXi
  • boom
  • Xelpherpolis
Honorable Mention: Master Hand/Crazy Hand and his unbeatable challenge.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^lol
It really depends on stage. If you include Hyrule, I'd add Alvin and Gerson.

top 10 in the world in my opinion in no order (mostly based off vids)

- jousuke
- superboomfan
- moyashi
- gerson
- marka
- kikoushi
- mariguas
- prince
- tacos
- jaimeHR
I agree to this mostly, my only problem is including Gerson as I have a feeling he'd be hella worse on Dream Land. Maybe add wario, Alvin, or one more of the US players, as Alvin and Marka go even with one another.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
go back to brawl
I don't understand the point of this post.

But IF I HAD IT I WOULD I DON'T HAVE MY WII ON ME GAAAAAAAAAAH

So back to 64 [some people around here have it + tournament tomorrow - it's a small thing but still cool].

P.S: It was mostly a joke - I know Isai has lost a 12 character match to Jousuke, and been 4-stocked by Gerson in Pikachu dittos, but he won Apex 2014, took 2nd in 2012 and 2013 while refusing to pull out better characters [and those were still rather close in GFs] - are there other tournaments he's gone to [and lost in]? If so, link me please - I haven't found other footage, besides of a few random events he didn't enter, but would LOVE watching more 64 tournament footage. (Or just with other top players in lists here, like Jousuke, tacos, Gerson, etc.]

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I don't understand the point of this post.

But IF I HAD IT I WOULD I DON'T HAVE MY WII ON ME GAAAAAAAAAAH

So back to 64 [some people around here have it + tournament tomorrow - it's a small thing but still cool].

P.S: It was mostly a joke - I know Isai has lost a 12 character match to Jousuke, and been 4-stocked by Gerson in Pikachu dittos, but he won Apex 2014, took 2nd in 2012 and 2013 while refusing to pull out better characters [and those were still rather close in GFs] - are there other tournaments he's gone to [and lost in]? If so, link me please - I haven't found other footage, besides of a few random events he didn't enter, but would LOVE watching more 64 tournament footage. (Or just with other top players in lists here, like Jousuke, tacos, Gerson, etc.]
http://elorankings.com/rankings.aspx?id=4

Click on a name and match and watch a video. Most of isai is uploaded there along with plenty of others. If anyone knows of any other vids that aren't embedded yet feel free to create an account and embed them.

*it loads slow on page load because I haven't prefetched any of the info yet.

Thor

Smash Champion
I don't have a disk or an ipad so that doesn't help. Thanks though.
http://elorankings.com/rankings.aspx?id=4

Click on a name and match and watch a video. Most of isai is uploaded there along with plenty of others. If anyone knows of any other vids that aren't embedded yet feel free to create an account and embed them.

*it loads slow on page load because I haven't prefetched any of the info yet.
Thanks. Though to be honest I've seen a lot of these (and all the Isai losses already).

Shears

Smash Master
Well theres videos for other players as well and a chance for people to upload other videos and build a repository of all matches for every player.

kys

Smash Ace
no wonder why people think Isai has no competition...

edit: legit question.. how did tacos get so ****ing good? i remember people were underestimating how he'd perform at apex, and he's reking everyone online these days
The people who underestimated him were dumb/mostly console guys, right?

Most online people knew the TRUTH.

Sedda

Smash Champion
id never played with him so i was never really sure. i was just surprised that people didnt know how good he was in general

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
In Peru, the 4 best:
papacho
marka
alvin
gerson

In Japan, the 3 best non-Jouske, non-retired players
Wario
Red
Prince

In north america
Superboomfan
Probably should count Bane
Maybe Tacos

Excluding Isai, Jouske, and Boom
Japan > Peru > USA >= Mexico >= Brazil > CA > Chile > Europe / Australia

England? South Korea? China? etc...

D

Deleted member

i'm the best active yoshi player online, does that count? ^.^

edit: and perhaps the best player ever in the span that i have been playing (10 months).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom