• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New thingy o.O (maybe? not really?)

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys I been to smashboards alot lately so im not new, but I just registered because I thought I may have found something useful. I'm sure many people have done it before.

Anyways, I was messing around with wing dashing/ thrusting and I screwed up and did a wing cancel in place then another woi immediately after it, but the second wasnt canceled.
I kept messing around with it and it has twice as much thrust as a normal woi does, it pushes them away twice. So would it be a double thrust? It can kinda also can set up for mind games I suppose. I also did it on the ledge on wifi while my friend was standing next to the ledge and it pushed him off the ledge twice as far as a normal wing thrust. it has little or no lag in between the two woi's so it may be able to be useful.

I'm not sure if its new (which im sure its not) but the effects are somewhat useful. If its been posted already in some other thread, my bad for wasting your time. I never really go past the first page. I provided a video for those who want to see what i'm talking about, but the part that pushes him off isnt included here, missed it in the recording. Again, if its been posted or mentioned before, im sorry.

Heres a link to the vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fqmFujv90

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
yea, my friend couldnt really think of anything either. I came here to see if anyone else could.
the wind from the wings cancels out some projectiles, so could it be more effective at doing that? o.O

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
i was trying to teach my sister how to play and use pit before, and she did this except it looked much more glitchy and useful. Its like pit never left the ground at all until the 2nd one. I was never able to reproduce the results...

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
well uh instead of using the c-stick to dair to cancel the woi, hold up on the control stick and use A and Y. ( I have y set for special on my gc controller) thats how i do it o.o

kown

Smash Lord
can someone tell me how to do this...like the actual buttons like UP SPECIAL to DAIR TO UP SPECIAL...is that right?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
can someone tell me how to do this...like the actual buttons like UP SPECIAL to DAIR TO UP SPECIAL...is that right?
alright man, if you use a GC controller, this is how I do it: Wing dash in place (SH then woi quickly) BUT instead of doing a Dair, I hold up and just press the attack button then the Up B.
the Uair should cancel the woi instead of the dair.

So all in all its : wing dash to uair to up special

I use uair because its less button input.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
i always used uair to cancel wings. lol. Dair never worked for me.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, so both wingpushes would connect? If so that's pretty interesting. I think I've seen Admiral do it a couple of times actually. *goes to think of applications*

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Quadruple wingdash=gimping tool that has the push of a bair?

How close together are the WoIs, exactly? I mean people run around the stage wingdashing repeatedly all the time so I'm wondering what the difference is.

Mezz

Smash Rookie
It's not possible to do three, the second WoI is affected by diminishing recovery (it doesn't last as long as a normal woi). So you can't even initiate the third one.

Could be used effectively for projectiles I suppose. Maybe near-edge gimping also, but that would be tricky to pull off, and even then it would only be an opener that leads into something (like a fair or bair)

Top Bottom