• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[New technique] Lunar up smash

Wumehh

Smash Rookie
So this is how you do a lunar up smash.
First: Face the opposite direction of your opponent.
Second:You jump and do a lunar landing Nair.
Third: You start charging up smash utill you can see it connect.

Percent range?
Start:0%
End:250%
Works on what characters?
Not tested but I am pretty sure that it will work on all characters, I tested mostly with olimar because he is short. It connected every timetime.

Usefulness?
The only one I can think of is starting an up air string but you can post in the comments and tell me what other uses it has.

WTH is a lunar land Nair?
It is actually easy you jump up, and as you come up on your landing press Nair. You will know you did it right if luma does his Nair but you do nothing.

SORRY FOR NO EXAMPLES DONT HAVE A CAPTURE CARD.

HAVE FUN ROSA MAINS:rosalina:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
I just want to add to this. Another thing you could do is LL Nair, turn around and dash at the opponent, and then JC Usmash or pivot grab.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You can do this with other options like grab (in my opinion much better than Usmash if you can actually land the grab unless they're at kill percent).

Here's the problem though. Who's gonna fall for this? Who will watch you land, drop a nair facing the opposite direction, then get Usmashed? This is the kind of thing where you should think about it if somehow the back hit of nair hits, but I wouldn't bother trying to actually set it up. There are better options.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Seems neat but not very practical at high level. You can lunar land nair upsmash combo immediately at 0% though w/out turning around, it's not too useful though.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
What you could do is a LL Nair facing away from your opponent, at a roll distance away from them, then roll into them. The timing can be a bit strict but if you do it right, Luma will hit them with the second hit.

About this lunar upsmash thing, if you REALLY wanna do this, you should use F-smash instead. For the most part though, at low percents it's better to just get the first hit of Nair into grab. At high percents you should do LL Fair into Uair.

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
You could use the second hit of nair in conjunction with a grab to execute them both at the same time. In addition, landing in front can bait shield grabs.

Top Bottom