• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech?

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
I think I found a new tech with flare blitz where you don't get stuck on the ground if you land on a platform and slide off making it much less punishable. I don't have a proper video about it but I have this match where I did it at 2:25 into the video.

https://youtu.be/fi1I91v1IMs

Also sorry about my horrible zard gameplay.

EvilPinkamina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EvilPinkamina
If we are to call this a tech, it's incredibly luck based. Would probably make Lylat more "in our favor," but even then it'll be banned in favor of Starterville most of the time. Also the janky issues with recovering already make this a not very good stage for our average recovery. Something good to keep in mind if you get CP'd to Lylat tho.

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
I have tested this and if the opponent is at the right position it also works on battlefield but I'm not sure about smashville because timing and spacing it on the moving platform would be incredibly difficult

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I hate Lylat because zard NEEDS to autocancel his aerials and the slopes/tilting make that a lot more difficult and unreliable.

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
The only reason I am using a video of gameplay on lylat is because I currently dont have any other footage of this

elitegrovyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
elitegrove
3DS FC
4828-5721-3535
From what it seems is that it isn't a new tech more so where zard landed being on the tip of the platform plus the tilting basically slid him off, thus, it can be done with other stages if you land on the tip of a platform

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
Yes it can be done with other stages if you hit the tip of the platform

elitegrovyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
elitegrove
3DS FC
4828-5721-3535
this isn't a tech so sorry for getting your hopes up for nothing but it is always helpful to know these things especially if flare blitz + no ending lag is a thing lol

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
Yeah, this also helps near ledges and you Flare Blitz towards a player standing near the ledge. It's great on Battlefield, but it's not something you'd want to rely on. In other words, don't go Flare Blitz happy just because of this.

R!otStar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-2994-3529
somebody made a vid of this a LONG time ago in the 3ds only era.....

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
Lylat Cruise is notorious for it's glitches and bugs. That's all it was, nothing more. Interesting though.

Swablus

Smash Rookie
I think I found a new tech with flare blitz where you don't get stuck on the ground if you land on a platform and slide off making it much less punishable. I don't have a proper video about it but I have this match where I did it at 2:25 into the video.

https://youtu.be/fi1I91v1IMs

Also sorry about my horrible zard gameplay.
It looks like you edge cancelled your falling animation

Top Bottom