• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech/ Ledge Option?

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
I don`t know if this is new or not ,but i felt it was worth pointing out anyway.

I came across this while playing a for glory match. So i went to training mode to test it. It appears to be some form of ledge jump cancel. I tried it with some other moves, but it seems special is the only one that works. You have to use your special right as little mac looses his ledge invincibility. If you do it correctly little mac will snap on to the stage. If you press it any other frame, it will either not come out, or come out in the air. Again, i don`t know if this is old news, but here it is anyway.

To be honest i find it more intresting than anything else. Let me know if this can be used for something useful.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
While not well known, this tech is used, and was discovered by sol, which was originally used to teleport ko punch, or "gazelle punch" an opponent standing near you on the stage. It can be used with any of Macs specials.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Ah, i see, i did not even consider that. i tested it with the other specials and normal special is the only one that "snaps" to the ground. The other ones comes out in their aerial form, making them a lot less useful. ( Tho that may just be me missing the timing). Regardless this combined with jolt is actualy faster than normal ledge attack.

Do you know if there is more to this or is that just it?

jet56

Smash Journeyman
its just the specials, but still a solid mixup tool for different ledge getup options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTZWa-toKaI - I present, MVG_Solreth, or Sol for short.
1:25 he uses get up jump, then uses counter at about 1/2 second after he hits the input button for the getup jump to get a grounded version to punish.
1:46 the gazelle punch. using get up jump, then hitting b at about 1/2 second after the input for jump to get the grounded version. he does it again at the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HT1v_j8oM - timing guide for gazelle punch:
while there is no video, it does help you get a general idea of when to hit the inputs to get the timing down. "1" is when you hit JUMP, and "2" is when you hit B (or another special, like counter).
hope this helps, and its nice to know, because most people don't even know about it, and even if they do, they tend to forget or not respect it.
Side Note: check out the rest of sol's stuff, his montage shows he is the best mac out there, good to watch and learn from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom