• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tech! Item drop canceled aerial (IDCA) tutorial Sm4sh

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
Hey guys this video is of some tech I found way back when the 3DS came out but I was never really able to show it. If someone else has already found this tech previously please let me know so I can credit them. Anyways this tech makes it so you can do aerials while having an item in hand the video I made is very brief and explains it all so please check it out and let me know what you guys think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEVrhwRcWA

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Wow, this needs more attention.

It's a very interesting trick. Not game-changing, I think, but definitely neat.

Good thing I use Villager, so timber drop aerial, here I come =P

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
Wow, this needs more attention.

It's a very interesting trick. Not game-changing, I think, but definitely neat.

Good thing I use Villager, so timber drop aerial, here I come =P
If you could help spread this around that would be great I agree it's not game changing due to the amount of characters that can use the trick but hey its definitely worth knowing.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I just made a thread earlier today regarding Villager ATs, and I'm about to add non-Villager specific ones, so you can bet that's gonna go in there XD

This wasn't possible in any other game, was it?

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
I just made a thread earlier today regarding Villager ATs, and I'm about to add non-Villager specific ones, so you can bet that's gonna go in there XD

This wasn't possible in any other game, was it?
I tried it in brawl with Rob and was unable to do it I'm not sure about melee I guess I could check to make sure though.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think someone said Z-dropping in this game was different, so I don't imagine it was a thing.

Which just makes it cooler~

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
I think someone said Z-dropping in this game was different, so I don't imagine it was a thing.

Yeah I just tested it in melee with peach and I'm unable to pick up the item because it falls behind me by her legs making it impossible to pickup with an aerial. I'll retest brawl as well just to be sure.

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386

Wow to my surprise peach could do it in brawl but Rob couldn't so I guess I'll check more it still has significance because Rob can use it in sm4sh so maybe it was exclusive to few characters in brawl but more in sm4sh.

CoolBoyCorporate

Smash Cadet
Wow to my surprise peach could do it in brawl but Rob couldn't so I guess I'll check more it still has significance because Rob can use it in sm4sh so maybe it was exclusive to few characters in brawl but more in sm4sh.
Hey Man,

Just wanted to let you know that I was also working on a video like yours but since you went ahead and posted one initially, I made sure to give you a shout out to credit u for bringing this tactic alive again

Last edited:

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
Hey Man,

Just wanted to let you know that I was also working on a video like yours but since you went ahead and posted one initially, I made sure to give you a shout out to credit u for bringing this tactic alive again

Where did you credit me? I didn't recall seeing it in the description or video. Also thank you for being honest enough to credit me in the first place man it people like you that make the smash community great have a nice day man.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Included it in the beginning of this video

I put the credit in the thread I posted it in ^,^

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
Hey Man,

Sorry I didn't hear you in the beginning you talked so fast could you please link my youtube in the description it would be greatly appreciated man.

CoolBoyCorporate

Smash Cadet
Thank you soooo much man it means a lot!! :D
Seems like we all do similar videos as well. Not sure if you guys do youtube for growth or just fun but I'm down to do collaborations in the future and other things to support one another.

Let me know if thats something you guys are down for

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Seems like we all do similar videos as well. Not sure if you guys do youtube for growth or just fun but I'm down to do collaborations in the future and other things to support one another.

I mostly do it to inform others of stuff I find, though this is the first actually constructed video I've done regarding this.

However, I'd definitely be down for a collab of sorts, even if I'm new to this whole thing.

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386

I'm also down for some collabs in the future I'll link your channel on my page just because of this man feel free to do the same if you want also i'm down to play some matches so we can post them or something like that. Thanks so much for being kind I've just got into youtube recently and have wanted to create some kind of online competitive community because I feel for glory is lacking. If you are interested in talking ill pm you my skype or something.

CoolBoyCorporate

Smash Cadet
I'm also down for some collabs in the future I'll link your channel on my page just because of this man feel free to do the same if you want also i'm down to play some matches so we can post them or something like that. Thanks so much for being kind I've just got into youtube recently and have wanted to create some kind of online competitive community because I feel for glory is lacking. If you are interested in talking ill pm you my skype or something.
Yea I'm down, if your going to be active then I will def link your account on mine as well.

What's your skype?
mine is coolboycorporate

I mostly do it to inform others of stuff I find, though this is the first actually constructed video I've done regarding this.

However, I'd definitely be down for a collab of sorts, even if I'm new to this whole thing.
You have skype as well?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Darklink401 is my skype.

I can link you two's youtube to mine, tho I only just started so it wouldn't bring much to either of your channels XD might as well tho, I guess XP

CoolBoyCorporate

Smash Cadet
Darklink401 is my skype.

I can link you two's youtube to mine, tho I only just started so it wouldn't bring much to either of your channels XD might as well tho, I guess XP
That would be awesome. Like I mentioned, if ur active id put it up. You would know when you are :p
btw i added u

Top Bottom