• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Strategies

aho43

Smash Lord
there are still plenty of pseudo combos in brawl. you put them in a position where they have to airdodge to get out and then you punish it, w/ more pseudo comboing, or a smash.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
...I was reading this thread laughing my *** off...Fastest could have NOT said it ANY better.

My god...tournaments in...Israel...? Yeah, LOL I CAN BEAT U AT DA GAME...WUT DOES DA TXT SAY LOL

How about if you get the recognition of a TOP Smasher of...*drum roll* BRAWL!? Stating that you were recognized by Melee smashers implies that yeah wow...they aren't Brawl smashers are they? And now YouTube ranks popularity? Wow, my profile says I molest animals and I probably subscribed to your ****... Somewhere an idiot is being seen as intellectual thanks to your mother failing to swallow the single cell of "incredibly potent ability in Smash!". I shall slit my wrists just to commemorate you -_-

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
...I was reading this thread laughing my *** off...Fastest could have NOT said it ANY better.

My god...tournaments in...Israel...? Yeah, LOL I CAN BEAT U AT DA GAME...WUT DOES DA TXT SAY LOL

How about if you get the recognition of a TOP Smasher of...*drum roll* BRAWL!? Stating that you were recognized by Melee smashers implies that yeah wow...they aren't Brawl smashers are they? And now YouTube ranks popularity? Wow, my profile says I molest animals and I probably subscribed to your ****... Somewhere an idiot is being seen as intellectual thanks to your mother failing to swallow the single cell of "incredibly potent ability in Smash!". I shall slit my wrists just to commemorate you -_-
How dare you, you ignorant motherf*cker. Who in the f*ck are ou to try and belittle this person.

If you are American, and I am sure you are, you are exactly the reason why EVERYONE not in this country hates us, and the reason I am a Texan when I go overseas, not an American.

You should be ****1ng ashamed of yourself, but since you seem to be unable of that, I will tell you exactly what type of person you are.

You are someone who has such a low self esteem that the only way you can momentarily pull yourself out of your suicide-inducing reality is to attack someone else behind the mask of anonimity provided by the internet.

Note here that you would be completely incapable of doing so WITHOUT the internet, as in person I am sure you're a sniveling worm.

Regardless of the hubris that ITP may show in his description of himself and in his sig, is that adequate reason to tell him his mother should have swallowed him? Only if you're a depraved, sad person.

If there is any humanity in you, you will apologize. If not, which I'm sure is the case, you will merely flame me for using correct grammar and big words, and go on doing this to other people.

Let me just tell you that you need help, and that you are not welcome on these boards given your current attitude.

TL;dr: The only thing more offensive than what you said to ANOTHER HUMAN BEING (regardless of where he is from) is the overt stupidity and lack of basic human decency that makes itself evident in said post.

F*ck. Off.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Combo's (or rather 'Strings' like behemoth said) still exist to a degree but they're not as big deal in killing your opponent. Brawl goes back to the original concept of smash: build up your opponents damage then send them flying and intercept. You want to use damage moves on your opponent first (read: Pit's Usmash, Uair, Nair, Foward special.... Moves like that) that build up their damage, then send them flying with a strong hit type attack (read: pits Fsmash, Ftilt, Bair, Dsmash) then chase them off the edge and finish them. Add that to the string theory (FTW) and you have a very deep combat interaction system.
I lol'd. Smash was NEVER like that.
Smash 64 is all about 0% to death combos. And we all know that Melee was also very combo/gimp kill based.

Also, combo =/= string. It is just that simple.
String = escapable and thus useless against anyone who knows how to escape it.
Combo = guaranteed and thus useful against anyone you can land it on.

* flames and rant*
Calm down there, man. It's not that serious. ThaRoy was just ridiculing the way ITP seems to pat himself on the back for his achievements in a Smash community that isn't very important. He was wrong for the way he said it, but you don't need to flame like that.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I will not reduce myself to the level of answering personal insults for saying that I achieved X in a game tournament, but I would like to ask you people(the normal ones, not ***** like fastest and tharoy) what's so wrong about putting my tournament rank and youtube profile in my sig? and what's wrong about saying that I'm the community manager for the israeli SSB forums, how does that make me egoistic or self-centered?

I do realise it's a bit of a pat in the back, but in a huge community where noobs and people with low game skills and knowledge of the english language are everywhere, I thought it would be nice that people can see I'm leading a community/seperate forum, and not just any poster.

would anyone call Serebii egoistic for putting www.serebi.net in his sig? I think not.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's right, your big grammar and proper words intimidate me -_- Because apparently my posts lack proper grammar...reading is a fundamental part of the internet.

And Serebii.net is the biggest Pokemon community...last I checked yours is only an Israeli community...so yeah apparently Israel = The world...? What a logical breakthrough. Yeah, I'm out of here...apparently I'm an illiterate man with low self-esteem...hence why I went on an ego trip...? Yeah...wow...that makes sense -_-"

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's right, your big grammar and proper words intimidate me -_- Because apparently my posts lack proper grammar...reading is a fundamental part of the internet.

And Serebii.net is the biggest Pokemon community...last I checked yours is only an Israeli community...so yeah apparently Israel = The world...? What a logical breakthrough. Yeah, I'm out of here...apparently I'm an illiterate man with low self-esteem...hence why I went on an ego trip...? Yeah...wow...that makes sense -_-"
umm, checkmate?

To all others, sry for the rant, I just can not stand the arrogance that has been plastered all over this thread like ****ty paint.

Back on topic, we all get that strings != combos, but why are games with alot of strings and not so many combos less deep? Doesn't it take as much skill to execute strings against a wary opponent?

Top Bottom