• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Starfox Fan Game I'm Working on

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm back for a while. Right now, I'm using Game Maker 8 (8.1 is kinda harder for me) to make a fan game called Starfox Frontlines: Barefoot Battles on Foot. It takes place in my alternate version of the Starfox world, where the story is kinda different, and Fox, Falco, and Krystal don't wear boots, lol. The sprites are made from the models of Fox and Falco from SSBB and Krystal from Starfox Assault, mixed with some parts from the super-useful DAZ Genesis model. The enemies are just random pictures I found off the internet.

It's a side-scrolling shooter, where you can either use the blaster (long range, low strength) or kick (short range, higher strength).

Character Profiles:

Fox McCloud

Birth Year:1973
Sex: Male
Species: Fox Person
H: 5' 3"
W: 140 lbs
Speed: High
Health: High
Jump: Mid
Strength: Low

Krystal McCloud

Birth Year: 1982
Sex: Female
Species: Fox Person
H: 5' 6"
W: 156 lbs
Speed: Mid
Health: Mid
Jump: Mid
Strength:Mid

Falco Lombardi

Birth Year: 1970
Sex: Male
Species: Pheaant-Falcon Person
H: 5' 8"
W: 168 lbs
Speed: Low
Health: Low
Strength: High
Jump: High

Enemies:
Minotaur (Runs into you and takes health away)
Dinosaur (Same as the Minotaur, but a little stronger)
Tank (Shoots bullets and takes health away. You can walk on top of them.)

I'll post a link for the download once I get it done.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Star Fox takes place in the future, Fox must be REALLY old if he was born in 1973. Hell, he'd be pretty old in the present if he was born then.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm pretty interested since it's Starfox so I really would like to see this.

It will feel weird though since it's a 2d sidescroller...

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Yeah. My version of Starfox takes place in the present time. Since it's an unofficial game, I thought it would be cool to have my own unofficial storyline, lol! I got the 1973 thing from my theory that if video game characters were real, they'd be like actors. When their first game comes out, they'll be the age they were in the game in "real life." Then, as time passes by and releases become less frequent, they'll get older. Child stars grow up. For example, my unofficial bio has the Koopalings from Ludwig to Larry born from '79 to '85 respectively. I like to use my imagination.

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Here's the beta demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ctla4p5k37mp6us

You play as Fox, Falco, and Krystal, in my famous barefoot style!

There is only one level right now. I'll add platforms in the other levels, since I'm trying to figure out what height to make them. And when you play as Fox or Krystal currently, they disappear and die if you jump on the first platform wrong. Must be a collision detection glitch.

Controls:

Arrows: Forward, back, jump
Z: Shoot
X: Kick

Enjoy, and tell me what you think! The final version will have lots more levels and some minor adjustments!

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I played the demo and it was pretty interesting. I thought the footless thing was pretty funny and that Krystal's thighs were massive. It has potential I think with more development, I'll gladly play the next demo

Top Bottom