• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Source for GC controllers

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Well, kinda. I don't know about anyone else's situation, and I know it's rather minor. But for a while, my group of friends and I had a hard time finding GC controllers. They all either insta sold or just no longer available. And yeah, looking back, I suppose I could've ordered some online, but we were too lazy.

Anywho, GC controllers average 20$ and are usually near impossible to find (EB games, Wal Mart, Best Buy, Target, GameStop, etc were always out or only sold third party contorllers). But one day, I was clothes shopping at Ross (A discount clothing store with really nice clothes :D) one day and I noticed they have a long "aisle" that had weird gadgets and stuff. Low and behold they sold GC controllers...for 5.99$! I was amazed! But upon closer inspection...the controllers were not licensed nor endorsed by nintendo. But if you look at your current GC controller, and take off all the nintendo logos, that's exactly what it looks like.

After taking it out and playing with it...it honestly felt terrible. The Z button sound like cymbals crashing when you click it, and the shoulder buttons feel slightly crunchy. But the thing is, it's actually amazing for brawl. The feel of the controller is the only thing you have to get used to. Other than that, it works perfectly fine.

But I have to say, it works TERRIBLY for melee. Just don't bother. But in a pinch, at a tourney somewhere, you're caught with a controller that suddenly breaks, (and I stress in a pinch) find the nearest Ross store and grab one quick. (Idunno if they exist outside of FL, and obviously the prices will vary.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The best thing to do if you want a good quality controller is to order online, especially with the Wii-white long cable controllers from Nintendo Japan.

Top Bottom