• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Snake At: Mortar Spike!!!

Razzo

Smash Rookie
Alright this is a bit situational but it is really useful because it kills at LOW PERCENTS!
Ok, basically you should first get them off the stage (obviously) then leave them alone. Yes, let them recover. Now the mortar missile goes slightly forward. SOOOO, if you time it right, you can hit your enemy with a mortar on their head knocking them to their doom FAST. I will get a video up tommorow or next day.

P.S. this works super well with a Cromslide!

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
It's not even a regular technique. It's just an attribute of the mortar attack.

Also, sage.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Probably better off using the Nikita cancel at the edge and letting it drop.
Or the box.
Always go with the box.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, makes sense. Does the mortar seem randomly going one way or another? I haven't done any tests. Just wondering.

Also, does anyone think that we should stop calling it the cromslide? Its obviously a mortarslide. Its not hard enough to do to make it named after a person. I found out about it/how to do it without coming to the site first. No disrespect to crom.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it has an official name yet. People just call it different things. Anyway, yes the mortar is random as far as I know. I've tried lots of things to manipulate it's direction but it seems to be..well random. Though I haven't tried in practice mode at really slowed down speeds.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
mortar spike is highly situational but so hot. works well vs link, toon link, dk when they are going for the ledge grab

Top Bottom