• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sheik Tech? Poof Pressure

Tarul

Smash Cadet
Could someone tell me the angles to use for poof pressure (leaving ledge and returning to it)? I can do it sometimes, but most of the time I go too far horizontally when poofing back to the ledge and die.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I'm not having any problems doing it in 3.6, it just seems a little slower and might have a vulnerable frame right before you snap to the edge, which hardly matters since you're putting a hitbox out where they'd be hitting you from anyway. I'm really lazy and don't feel like making a video to prove it; are you sure you aren't just doing it wrong? The sensitivity for it is a bit strict if you're not used to it.
Welp. Looks like I need to get back to the lab. It sounds like I'm doing it wrong. I was able to do this in 3.5, so after failing a couple times consecutively in 3.6, I assumed it had been changed. Apparently I just stuck

EDIT: wait are you talking about snapping from the stage or what the OP is talking about? Poof pressure still works and just seems a little slower (she grabs edge right as she reappears, I dunno if it was always like that) but sheik could never do the snap to the edge from onstage as far as I know since her first bounce during up-b took her too high if done airborne and doing grounded didn't work period
I thought she could snap to ledge from stage in 3.5, but apparently not. And yeah, grounded doesn't work for anyone but Lucario.

Poof pressure never changed. Only way for Sheik to grab the ledge backwards from before was to sweetspot at full distance. Zelda/M2 teles were the exceptions pre-3.6, Sheik wasn't among them.
That's really weird. Every other omni-directional up-b would snap...guess I never realized that I was going the full distance every time

Also, I now see your post explaining this. I blame finals

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
That's really weird. Every other omni-directional up-b would snap...guess I never realized that I was going the full distance every time
PM ledge magnet is huge, so that probably didn't help its case. Some definitely do look like they weren't full-length (still the case in 3.6, since nothing changed), but for all intents and purposes they count as sweetspots.

jakeyizle

Smash Rookie
Could someone tell me the angles to use for poof pressure (leaving ledge and returning to it)? I can do it sometimes, but most of the time I go too far horizontally when poofing back to the ledge and die.
I don't know if you still need help, but the angle is much closer to straight down than you'd think. Or at least it feels that way to me. If you're on the right side of the stage, try near 5 o'clock.

At least at a low level at play (where people will still occasionally try to charge a smash while you're on the ledge) this is so good. I've gotten kills when my opponent was at high % and wasn't respecting me at the ledge, and I've hit the poof and converted into an edgeguard multiple times. I guess at higher levels this will be more gimmicky, but getting more space at the ledge is never a bad thing.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
I guess at higher levels this will be more gimmicky, but getting more space at the ledge is never a bad thing.
I think it's perfectly viable if you practice it and use it as a mixup, but standard shino stalling is probably better as an always-use case.

Tarul

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you still need help, but the angle is much closer to straight down than you'd think. Or at least it feels that way to me. If you're on the right side of the stage, try near 5 o'clock.

At least at a low level at play (where people will still occasionally try to charge a smash while you're on the ledge) this is so good. I've gotten kills when my opponent was at high % and wasn't respecting me at the ledge, and I've hit the poof and converted into an edgeguard multiple times. I guess at higher levels this will be more gimmicky, but getting more space at the ledge is never a bad thing.
Thank you, I was still flubbing it a lot!

Also, I've found it to be pretty useful against characters with disjoint. It punishes Luigi's and G&Ws from trying to space your ledgedashes onto stage.

Top Bottom