• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sheik Tech (need confirmation)

Machii

Smash Apprentice
I was testing out B Reversing Sheik's needles and found a way to effectively cancel the slide animation when changing direction during run and dash (obviously canceling run animation is more valuable).

So this is how to do it:
B reverse needles-charge out of run > Cancel needle on (or near) first frame with shield tap > and run in opposite direction of initial run.

This technique allows sheik to turn out of run faster than any other character. It is the closest thing to true dash dancing in the game, and it can be performed at any distance.

This works with any true charge that can be canceled; however, I've only found sheik's to be both B reversible and cancel-able on the first frame. She benefits from it the most.

If this hasn't been discovered yet, I'm calling it Dash Breaking.
GifMaker_20190212123945437.gif

It's worth noting that the Needle charge can be performed without B Reversing; however, doing so is at the forfeit of both the precision and lead into the follow-up dash the B Reverse provides.

Last edited:

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Sort of like grounded b reverse needles. Surprised that this was easier to do than I expected. Could possibly be useful. Mind posting a GIF or something of the tech? I just want to make sure we are doing the same thing.

Sort of like grounded b reverse needles. Surprised that this was easier to do than I expected. Could possibly be useful. Mind posting a GIF or something of the tech? I just want to make sure we are doing the same thing.
PS: it looks super slick

Machii

Smash Apprentice

PS: it looks super slick
Just uploaded a gif

BTW, I edited the original post to more accurately include "b reverse" as you mentioned. That is what I had implemented; though, I admit I often confuse the two.

Last edited:
Top Bottom