• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New server for shoddy

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's like Speed Chess, but with less Chess. And more Pokémon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That also assumes that players can think, make a choice, navigate menu when switching, and carry out a command in about 2 seconds.

5 seconds I can handle but my brain would hurt after too much speed Pokemon at 2 seconds.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Ok for admins, I suggest someone that can be on a lot in order to change bans/move bans.

Aka Terywj cuz he posts so much and is on the comp a lot.

For mods, I recommend people that we know can be mature and reliable and aren't afraid to mod when needed. Not just people that come by here, but people that we can trust.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Eh, I'm a Half-OP on the pretty-much-dead-Smashboards-chatroom-nobody-knows-even-exists-anymore.

Does that count for anything in this situation?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes.

Its been there for years.

KiKi HOP'd me like.... fffffff so long ago I can't remember.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What the frick, I just noticed Gardevoir and Gallade have the exact same stats except for Attack and Special Attack. And one is NU, and the other is BL.

**** Blissey.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Metal~Mario has a point there.

Honestly I think our admins should be: Mood4Food, Zook, Chill

Moderators: UltiMario, Annoying, Supermarth, Writer

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Try is a modest guy.

Deal with it :V

I have no complaints to that list BTW.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't think we need that many people
i don't think i'll include mods on here as mods on the server, it'll just be easier that way
they would only have to moderate here and not on the server

i was going with something like

admin: me
moderators: ulti, tery, annoying, and supermarth

we don't need any more than that for right now, we're at max 20 users, i'm pretty sure that any of us could control a group of that size

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I call making the "PokeCenter Shoddy Metagame" thread when this is fully implemented and running
A thread to discuss our own style and etc. will be truly a step forward for the Researchers.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
And with the Pokemon Research place becomes useful... soon.... maybe...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It'll happen dude, as long as the server works out and we can get things going. We'd even have discussions and voting and whatnot. Lol Smogon ripoff.

I think having one server for our NU edits+evolutions+SmashCAP might be too overwhelming though so we'll probably build off of NU edits first.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
NU edits would be the easiest thing to do, so that's where i'm going to start

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It'll happen dude, as long as the server works out and we can get things going. We'd even have discussions and voting and whatnot. Lol Smogon ripoff.

I think having one server for our NU edits+evolutions+SmashCAP might be too overwhelming though so we'll probably build off of NU edits first.

-Terywj

Wait, can't we have a server for all of them? I'm not sure since I rarely go on the CAP server but can't you switch between CAP and other options (eg. NU). We could implement something similar when this thing picks up.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If that's the case then yes. I was merely mentioning how when the server is established it would be best to start off with the NU edits.

Edit: C'mon guys you need to lrn2starmi.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm going to keep it the same as the regular server but add our own stuff
if there is no ladder when this thing is henshin a go go baby, i'll try to add it

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's disappointing
that's what i applied for in the first place, not to be a co-leader

darnit spire

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait, no. I mean that the Co-Leader of the Researchers has yet to be decided on by the staff, so applications are all going to hold until afterwards. We're trying to gear the Researchers in a new direction as well, taking in consideration of contributions as well.

Of course, with you making the server you're in good shape.

-Terywj

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
we were talking about this on aim tonight in a pokemon chat we were on and im taking a stab at this as well since i already have my own legit server set up. I've got the whole database set up on my server already and shoddy running on my computer with it set up for ppl to connect to it (and the shoddy is connecting to my server's database). I just need to find out how to move the shoddy program to my server and have it run all the time.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
noooo chibo!!!
you took my fame away *sniff*

ummmm, you gotta leave it open, i know that and you have to open ports, ask around smogon for more help

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no keep working on it by all means

i tried to do stuff b4 i knew u were so i just went with it anyway. incase one of us ends up not being able to get it then we'l have a backup.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Im in shoddy like whenever I can connect. I didnt know so many ppl from smashboards played @_@. I've met and played DMG and gates (tho he didnt know it was me) in shoddy :p.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Im in shoddy like whenever I can connect. I didnt know so many ppl from smashboards played @_@. I've met and played DMG and gates (tho he didnt know it was me) in shoddy :p.
I've played Chu Dat on Shoddy and GOTM has played Mango

both using the random find a opponent thing. They were both not fakers lol

Top Bottom