• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new recovery idea

iWouldLickZelda

Smash Rookie
I was thinking a new recovery for Yoshi would be for him( her?) To be able to waddle dash , in a way, into its eggs. Causing a moment boost in the direction the egg is going. Is this a good idea or over the top?

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure they took wavebouncing out of yoshi's eggthrow and his eggroll....

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking give him an extra jump (not flutter)
From the stage/ground: Jump -> regular double jump, maybe shorter that a regular one -> flutter
Just ****ing something man, he needs a better recovery because his flutter can get eaten up very easily

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I was thinking give him an extra jump (not flutter)
From the stage/ground: Jump -> regular double jump, maybe shorter that a regular one -> flutter
Just ****ing something man, he needs a better recovery because his flutter can get eaten up very easily
that's why you mindgame with eggroll and recover high

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
that's why you mindgame with eggroll and recover high
Cancelled egg roll when coming back on stage can be a lifesaver
Hm, okay, I'll try this. You get more horizontal distance from it in PM or something?
I guess even we don't have it as bad as Donkey Kong mains though. That thing gets no vertical distance at all.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hm, okay, I'll try this. You get more horizontal distance from it in PM or something?
I guess even we don't have it as bad as Donkey Kong mains though. That thing gets no vertical distance at all.
Sorry for the double post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X_L3ACuR9sg#t=190

This is a good idea on how to use the Egg Roll cancel to recover. Be sure to use this move AFTER you've used your double jump because you can only go into eggroll after you jump you can't eggroll then double jump.

dreamcast.iplaythat

Smash Rookie
I think the inflatable yoshis from super mario bros wii u would be a good up b. think about it what if he can float kind of like jiggly puff or Kirby .

Top Bottom