• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Quick Attack Cancel off the ledge.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I've done this once or twice in the demo, I didn't think it was new
Sorry if not; I know he had the QC but I figured given the circumstances this as different enough, unless you mean the exact thing was in brawl(I have no idea tbh.).

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I discovered this myself during the demo within a few minutes and started using it for aggressive edgeguarding. Definitely worth knowing how to do consistently. Anyway, I thought everyone else knew about it to but apparently that isn't the case. Threads like this are useful in the genesis of a metagame. Its better to have every documented for future Pikachu players anyway.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I discovered this myself during the demo within a few minutes and started using it for aggressive edgeguarding. Definitely worth knowing how to do consistently. Anyway, I thought everyone else knew about it to but apparently that isn't the case. Threads like this are useful in the genesis of a metagame. Its better to have every documented for future Pikachu players anyway.
Well I didn't see it posted at least lol; I've always wanted to contribute to the community here somehow.

I've been able to do this out of two QA and one at an aerial one at an angle too, but I'm sure you know that too. I just though it was cool, I was able to cancel from the center of omega battlefield.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah I've been about to use it from both hits of QA. The 2nd one seems a little easier to pull off but honestly, with just playing the demo alone over and over and over again, I've been able to get use out of it.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah I've been about to use it from both hits of QA. The 2nd one seems a little easier to pull off but honestly, with just playing the demo alone over and over and over again, I've been able to get use out of it.
I see ledge cancels as a great advancement in metagames; I'd love to see if I can repeatedly ledge cancel out of ledge cancels though. I know you can avoid the ledge by holding down, but due to the nature of QA, I think if it IS possible we won't know until the U version. I haven't used Pikachu much actually, I was just trying to grab the ledge out of QA and saw this. I mean, what 'm getting at is Pikachu isn't really a character for me, but anything I find I'd love to contribute.

ZTD | TECHnology

Its essentially the same concept as Metaknight's Drill Rush Cancel in Brawl except easier since you have more control over where Pikachu QA's. The basic concept is: Aim QA (either hit) at the edge of a platform or ledge and if your positioning is correct (its honestly not that hard) you'll bounce off the edge and can perform an action immediately afterwards. I use it in combination with quicker aerials like Nair and Fair for aggressive egdeguard follow ups.

Last edited:

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I have some really good pressure when recovering.

If you are near the ledge you can UpB (Up Diagonal) past the ledge and the person guarding you, then with the second part you go Diagonal Down into them and the edge causing to cancel the up-B and then do a aerial attack. Something's going to hit out of that or at least lower shield. Or at least make them think twice about edge guarding.

Hope that makes sense!

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Ok so I have some really good pressure when recovering.

If you are near the ledge you can UpB (Up Diagonal) past the ledge and the person guarding you, then with the second part you go Diagonal Down into them and the edge causing to cancel the up-B and then do a aerial attack. Something's going to hit out of that or at least lower shield. Or at least make them think twice about edge guarding.

Hope that makes sense!
I've been wondering if this works, so I'm glad to hear that. I'll try it out in a bit.

Top Bottom