• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Project + Peach's Castle 64 HD release

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6OPYXpV27iNBgueIUHxKsw/feed

Some screens of wip stages
http://imgur.com/a/JZm19

Peach's Castle HD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U7SjZO-4loaHhCaV9FMnVJQ28/edit?usp=sharing
See it in action
http://youtu.be/iiZnn3AeHfk
Use with a .rel for Jungle Japes, again you can use the below website to put it over any stage you wish
http://www.lakora.us/rel/

Battlefield HD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U7SjZO-4loaFdzVVBCSzNlQTg/edit?usp=sharing
See it in action
http://youtu.be/Om4EPqwNWhI
goes over FD but if you want it over anything just use this website

Okay so I have been messing around with stages again lately ever since I got my Wii U. I have decided to do my own custom build of Project M but I work 7 days a week so progress is coming along slowly. Unlike others my goal is to modify the game as little as possible. I only want to include the custom stage expansion and add in some awesome stages. No huge music overhauls or character costumes that just feel wrong. I want it to feel like a genuine extension to the game and not an obvious departure. This is not to say that I do not enjoy the other custom builds or appreciate their aims, but my taste is simply different.

Most importantly I am working on finishing my HD 64 stages, but this time each stage has a full 3D animated background and each with be included in the first release. As a teaser I am releasing my Battlefield 64 HD stage (linked above). I have redone the textures since Rage's were not at all aligned properly and added a kickass background that really makes the stage more appealing. Also I think most of you will love the song I found that redoes the original stage music. Unfortunately I do not have any screens or videos since I can't really record on my Wii U yet, but I just ordered a Roxio HD Pro capture card so that will change as soon as it gets here.

Just trust me this stage is freaking awesome. One of my best. If your using Battlefield 64 in your build just replace it with this one and I am sure you will be delighted.

But enough about that. To elaborate on the goals of this project a bit more. What I am doing is really just making a custom build with stages that I feel are more awesome an competitive and well as professional and complete. No half done or lazy stages. Also canon is important in this project, so don't expect any Dragonball Z stages or something like that. Lastly I will be remastering some of the music tracks that need more spice. I do not want to replace most of the music but only add in higher resolution tracks if possible.

Also I have several years experience in audio editing so I will be fixing up some of the blander tracks as much as possible so the music feels consistent on each stage. The bass will boom and the highs will make you feel high... at least that is the hope. But again this will probably take some time to complete (because of my busy schedule) in entirety so I will be releasing in bits and pieces until the first release to keep everyone interested.

I have more done but I'll start with just this stage for now until I can get some screens and videos up. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I do not have any screens or videos since I can't really record on my Wii U yet, but I just ordered a Roxio HD Pro capture card so that will change as soon as it gets here.
You do know that Brawl itself can take screenshots from the pause menu and be saved onto your SD card, right?

Rage83

Smash Ace
Sorry No Pics yet but that will change soon when I get my capture card.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U7SjZO-4loaFdzVVBCSzNlQTg/edit?usp=sharing
goes over FD but if you want it over anything just use this website

Okay so I have been messing around with stages again lately ever since I got my Wii U. I have decided to do my own custom build of Project M but I work 7 days a week so progress is coming along slowly. Unlike others my goal is to modify the game as little as possible. I only want to include the custom stage expansion and add in some awesome stages. No huge music overhauls or character costumes that just feel wrong. I want it to feel like a genuine extension to the game and not an obvious departure. This is not to say that I do not enjoy the other custom builds or appreciate their aims, but my taste is simply different.

Most importantly I am working on finishing my HD 64 stages, but this time each stage has a full 3D animated background and each with be included in the first release. As a teaser I am releasing my Battlefield 64 HD stage (linked above). I have redone the textures since Rage's were not at all aligned properly and added a kickass background that really makes the stage more appealing. Also I think most of you will love the song I found that redoes the original stage music. Unfortunately I do not have any screens or videos since I can't really record on my Wii U yet, but I just ordered a Roxio HD Pro capture card so that will change as soon as it gets here.

Just trust me this stage is freaking awesome. One of my best. If your using Battlefield 64 in your build just replace it with this one and I am sure you will be delighted.

But enough about that. To elaborate on the goals of this project a bit more. What I am doing is really just making a custom build with stages that I feel are more awesome an competitive and well as professional and complete. No half done or lazy stages. Also canon is important in this project, so don't expect any Dragonball Z stages or something like that. Lastly I will be remastering some of the music tracks that need more spice. I do not want to replace most of the music but only add in higher resolution tracks if possible.

Also I have several years experience in audio editing so I will be fixing up some of the blander tracks as much as possible so the music feels consistent on each stage. The bass will boom and the highs will make you feel high... at least that is the hope. But again this will probably take some time to complete (because of my busy schedule) in entirety so I will be releasing in bits and pieces until the first release to keep everyone interested.

I have more done but I'll start with just this stage for now until I can get some screens and videos up. I hope you enjoy!
Cool. Also, this time you were delicate about my textures. :)

Timde9

Smash Cadet
You do know that Brawl itself can take screenshots from the pause menu and be saved onto your SD card, right?
Yeah I remember doing something like that. I am getting used to all this stuff again so I guess I forgot. I'll see if I can get some good ones next time I play.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Sweet gravy baby biscuits of barbeque sauce bacon flavored goodness you're back.

Good to see you're still alive and kicking with new stages to spare.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Yeah I remember doing something like that. I am getting used to all this stuff again so I guess I forgot. I'll see if I can get some good ones next time I play.
EDIT:

Mind if I get those screenshots? I'll be patching my ISO with your new Battlefield 64 in a bit.

Last edited:

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I'd rather you not put in on BV just yet please. I will do it when I have a few more stages so I can make one submission instead of 7. As far as screenshots go. I tried using the sd card but it didn't seem to actually save anything. I'll just wait for the capture card unless someone has a tutorial or something.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'd rather you not put in on BV just yet please. I will do it when I have a few more stages so I can make one submission instead of 7. As far as screenshots go. I tried using the sd card but it didn't seem to actually save anything. I'll just wait for the capture card unless someone has a tutorial or something.
pics with a cell phone are better than no pics at all at least.

Rage83

Smash Ace
EDIT: Maybe We could work together on a build....

Check for a file in rsbe/al .

Last edited:

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Thank you. There's more to come also working on saffron and dreamland but they are not ready for screens

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Great googly moogly. I'll take some of these thanks!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Pretty cool use of the Shadow Bug background. Though I think something similar to the ripped sky background might work better for Battlefield 64.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
is this bf wifi safe i wanna use this is it is dope.
I honestly don't even know how to tell if a stage is wifi safe other than testing it over wifi and I don't have any wifi friends right now. I play locally with friends so I dunno. I can't really say any more than that since I don't know the criterion on which "wifi safe" is based.

Pretty cool use of the Shadow Bug background. Though I think something similar to the ripped sky background might work better for Battlefield 64.
Hey feel free to try it out man. Background swaps are not too terrible to pull off. If not I may do it at a later date just to see it, but for now my attention is on other stages which need much more attention.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't even know how to tell if a stage is wifi safe other than testing it over wifi and I don't have any wifi friends right now. I play locally with friends so I dunno. I can't really say any more than that since I don't know the criterion on which "wifi safe" is based.
For the stage to be wifi safe, it would have to be the exact same size as Project M's Battlefield as well as have the same collisions. If you used a port of N64 Battlefield as a base, then there's probably some differences with that.

Not that whether something is wifi safe or not will matter in a couple months anyway.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Play a match on default 3.02 Battlefield and save a replay, then replace the stage PAC with the new Battlefield, and then view the replay. If everything goes exactly the same as when you were playing, it's Wi-Fi safe.

Last edited:

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Well then it is definitely not wifi-safe since it is based on the original (not the brawl sized) battlefield 64.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I have the HD retextured BG images for N64, but the problem with it is that they're long, thin strips that combine to make a very large image, and that I don't know how to combine them in the first place. :/

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Those backgrounds!
Do you have any plans on improving the stage models, like for example the trees on Peach's Castle to make them not flat?

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
He means the BG is divided into segments as such:

Of course, it's much harder to identify what pieces connect when you're working with an abstract background.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
That makes sense when talking about the background image, for a second I thought he meant the actual stage it self.

Which is why I was confused.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
combining the backgrounds is tedious and annoying but doesn't require any significant amount of skill. Just about an hour with photoshop and an eye for pixel placement. I can do it if you really want but I prefer dynamic backgrounds personally and it will have to wait a while.

Those backgrounds!
Do you have any plans on improving the stage models, like for example the trees on Peach's Castle to make them not flat?
Yeah I have thought about it a few times. Actually I am thinking of modeling saffron city from scratch for a 3d background for the saffron city stage.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Sorry for double post but Peach's Castle is released. Enjoy. Again no icon or SSS yet but don't worry they are coming. Also please do not upload to brawl vault I will do it myself soon. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U7SjZO-4loaHhCaV9FMnVJQ28/edit?usp=sharing

see it in action here
http://youtu.be/iiZnn3AeHfk
sorry its not in hd this time, forgot to set the recording to 1080p

Also will be updating the top post with my youtube channel link I am uploading videos of other stages to come as we speak so check back later to see them all.

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Keeping the texture shading would make it look better, it's too flat-colored the way it is.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the delayed response, I went through a move this last week. I wasn't aware I removed any shading however I did have to lower the resolution of my textures compared to my previous version to make the stage work.

MarioLuigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarioLuigi2
You ever thinking about recreating the original 64 Battlefield background in "HD" for originality and options?
Would a background like this work for you? Its also taken from the Subspace Emissary but I feel that it looks a bit more like the original N64 background.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Your gonna have to post a video of that. Looks pretty similar to mine though. I was thinking about doing some flames in the background like I imagine the original is trying to depict.

MarioLuigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarioLuigi2
Alright, heres a video of the stage in action.
The reason why the stage looks similar to yours is because the main platform is from your HD remake, all I did was swap out the background with something that I felt looked closer to the N64 background compared to the one you originally chose.
This is the stage that I got the background from.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

Top Bottom