• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New (probably useless) Wolf tech

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
So I posted this in the Wolf Skype Group and we discussed a little there, while this tech is very hard to perform, it could prove to be useful in certain situations.

Basically it's a b-reverse, edge-cancel, shorten, side-b. Did you get all that? You want to do this at the ledge and it's not just an edge-cancel on a platform. For some reason the combination of these techs causes Wolf to fast-fall during the side-b (instead of being frozen in the air). That's basically how you know you did it correctly, you will fast fall to the ledge and shorten your side-b to therefore grab it.

Now as for optimizing this tech, I believe it covers more options than a simple turnaround shine grab ledge. I'm not sure if it's faster, but I'm fairly confident it's not slower. I think it should be used in the position where the opponent is off-stage deciding where he would like to recover. If they go for ledge the side-b will hit them and you will also grab the ledge to then setup for whatever is next. If you react quickly enough with the shorten you can side-b on the stage to cover the option that they would go on stage; and each range of the shorten could cover how far they went. As I've not properly tested this against an actual opponent (for several reasons) there could be the downside that they are aware of this and are able to grab ledge before you side-b shorten - I'm quite sure that it's a viable option - but again it's possible to react to this or predict and side-b onto the stage, but therefore you don't get anything from the exchange and reset back to neutral.

Overall this seems extremely complex and I think should be focused on implementing once your core fundamentals of Wolf are very solid. Once I can actually do the tech consistently I'll do it against human opponents and show my findings, but I'm not too sure if I'm gonna practice it in the first place lol. Anyways tell me what you think.

Top Bottom