• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pork City is one of the worst stages in this game

VariableGear

Smash Rookie
I wish the stages had different forms for different amounts of players so that this stage would be playable by two people. Instead, you need to have four players for this stage to be able to see the good in New Pork City. However, there's not that much good there at all. The music is the highlight of the stage for me.

Rash

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a mediocre stage. Would've been better if it was more like Fourside. Temple is a good example of a big stage that's enjoyable, whereas NPC really isn't.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Why couldn't they make a large-sized level as awesome and popular as the Temple?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love the "Ultimate Chimera", though. It's just too fun to see it chomping on players. It's one of the more interesting hazards in the game me thinks.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
It's unbelievably bad. Way too big. So big you can barely even see the characters.

I hate hate hate hate it.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Oddly enough I love New Pork City (mainly because of the music) However...I only love it when I'm playing friends, I hate it against CPU's because all they do is run away.
But if you've got some friends around it's really fun...I also loved Temple in Melee so that may explain it.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I hate NPC. The platforms are just random and don't have an over feel. The camera zooms out so much that I can hardly ever see my character. I really wish they did make it so you were brawling on the buildings. I do like the Ultimate Chimera because it is funny when people get bitten and fly like rockets. Especially if they are giants. It is hilerious!

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Yeah I started to grow really frustrated with this level when I would get "Team Lucas" on Classic mode. Like someone else said the computer just runs away. The level zooms out so far that I find myself just getting lost on it. Not a very well done stage imo.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a cool stage visually, but gameplay-wise...ya, it's not contructed very well. Then again, I've never played any of the Mother games (but I want to), so I don't know if theres any significance or not to design.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I might play on it more though.
I used to play several matches on it because it was the new big level, but it just couldn't stand up to the Temple.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
The only thing I like about that place is the cute Ultimate Chimera thingy. Even though it OHKOs you...
Anyways... too many platforms, and they're all spread out crazy.
Hyrule castle will always be awesome... ~_~

Top Bottom