• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pokemon in Pokeballs idea

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
Ok, here are my ideas for the New pokemon in pokeballs:

'Ghost Crew'
Pokemon: Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar (Depends on number of players)

Ability: Lick. They would come out of the pokeball and say their names. They would then disappear then reappear in front of an enemy. They would lick they, causing a stun. This freezes them from all action and lasts for maybe 10 - 15 secs. Those in the air fall down and those on ground are stunned. Damage rises, but cannot be KO in this state. No grabs allowed.

Why these Pokemon?: In the TV series, Ash finds a ghost infested tower. These 3 tricksters play around with the gang and their pokemon for laughs.

'Whirlwind'
Pokemon: Pidgeot

Ability: Whirlwind. Pidgeot would fly out of the pokeball, lands on its feet, and flaps its wings releasing a tornado. It would work like the tornados in Hyrule 64, but would be 3 - 5 times bigger and travel half across the screen (from its position) Note: He would face towards the closest side (thrown to the right, tornado to the right)

Why this Pokemon?: In the TV series, Ash caught a pidgey and evovled it into a Pidgeot, but released it to a clan of Pidgeys. Pidgeot was a significant Pokemon to Ash.

That's all I have for now. Comment please! Add some of your ideas to! (Sorry for any repeats)

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
How about.... we don't worry about the pokemon.... because everybody is so tired of Pkemon from Melee that they will commit suicide if Nintendo puts more Pokemon in the game....

tirkaro

Smash Champion
grow up, Vasilicus. they most likey are gonna put in more pokemon (deoxys FTW!) no matter how much you may hate it.

as for the actual idea, the ghost one seems pretty cool. but I think that pideots tornadoes should belong to a stage more :l

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
I support not using 3rd generation pokemon and sticking strictly to the R/B/G and G/S/C pokemon... seeing as Pokemon has seriously gone down hill since then.

Deoxys for the lose.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
DeeDoubleU said:
I support not using 3rd generation pokemon and sticking strictly to the R/B/G and G/S/C pokemon... seeing as Pokemon has seriously gone down hill since then.
................*bursts out is laughter* jesus, where have you been in the last 1219303042 years? *wipes the tears of laughter from eyes*
in case you're wondering, pokemon ruby and sapphire was THE most bestselling game on the GBA, selling more than five million copies in Japan, and nearly four million copies in America.
also it got mostly positive reviews. yeah, it went RRREEEEEEAAAAALY down hill.

xelad1

Smash Ace
tirkaro said:
grow up, Vasilicus. they most likey are gonna put in more pokemon (deoxys FTW!) no matter how much you may hate it.

as for the actual idea, the ghost one seems pretty cool. but I think that pideots tornadoes should belong to a stage more :l
you grow up and stop talking about pokemon

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
tirkaro said:
................*bursts out is laughter* jesus, where have you been in the last 1219303042 years? *wipes the tears of laughter from eyes*
in case you're wondering, pokemon ruby and sapphire was THE most bestselling game on the GBA, selling more than five million copies in Japan, and nearly four million copies in America.
Just because something is generally accepted and sells well doesn't mean that it isn't garbage in comparison to the rest of the series. The designs for pokemon in R/E/S were quite pitiful.

Also, you shouldn't be comparing 3rd generation to other gameboy advance games when it comes to determining whether the series has went down hill. Afterall, when comparing a series across time, you compare the series to itself. Did you realize that R/B/G outsold R/S/E by double? G/S/C outsold R/S/E by... about 50% as well. If it isn't going downhill because by your logic, the sales are higher than other games on the platform, then why are the sales as a whole lower? And don't say it's because R/B/G/Y and G/S/C have been being sold that much longer, because the lifetime of profit is up for all 3 generations right now. Accounted sales aren't going to go up by more than another million for any of the series on their respective platforms. Hell, you might even want to add sales of Leaf Green and Fire Red to the old generation sales since the game is simply a remake with some extra features and graphical updates.

And I do believe it goes without saying that I was expressing my opinion, not something factual, so I would suggest you cut the horrible stupidity.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
xelad1 said:
you grow up and stop talking about pokemon
its very hard to not talk about in a pokemon thread. I'll talk about pokemon all I want, thank you.

Just because something is generally accepted and sells well doesn't mean that it isn't garbage in comparison to the rest of the series. The designs for pokemon in R/E/S were quite pitiful.
no say bad things bout deoxys, blaziken, and lucario!(though lucario is 4th gen)

Also, you shouldn't be comparing 3rd generation to other gameboy advance games when it comes to determining whether the series has went down hill. Afterall, when comparing a series across time, you compare the series to itself. Did you realize that R/B/G outsold R/S/E by double? G/S/C outsold R/S/E by... about 50% as well. If it isn't going downhill because by your logic, the sales are higher than other games on the platform, then why are the sales as a whole lower? And don't say it's because R/B/G/Y and G/S/C have been being sold that much longer, because the lifetime of profit is up for all 3 generations right now. Accounted sales aren't going to go up by more than another million for any of the series on their respective platforms. Hell, you might even want to add sales of Leaf
Green and Fire Red to the old generation sales since the game is simply a remake with some extra features and graphical updates.
pokemon didn't sell as much as the past predocessors simply becuase pokemon is not the behemoth that it was before. pokemon was MASSIVE back then. now it isn't as monsterous as it was before, but it is still popular. R/S/E probobly wasn't as best-selling as G/S/C but it the sales were very good still, so pokemon isn't going anywere soon. so that is much more different then "downhill"

also ask yourself this: would normal, modern pokemon fans like it if only 1st gen pokemon were in? of course not! smash has something for everyone. even for pokefans.

And I do believe it goes without saying that I was expressing my opinion, not something factual, so I would suggest you cut the horrible stupidity.
of course. and I respect your right to an opinion [though I didn't like it a bit when you said I was being horribly stupid ;_;] I was also expressing my opinoin, even though it was backed up by facts.

Ami

Smash Ace
Originally posted bu DoubleDeeU

Deoxys for the lose.
Wow, quoted for the truth. I only liked the first generation, and I mildly accept the second one, but none after that.

Originally posted by DeeDoubleU
Quoted for the truth again!! Ever heard of pet rocks? They sold so well, but they were rocks (my mother says they were garbage).

Anywaaaay, I support you gamelover15! I like that you have ideas for Pokemon from the first generation, and I loved that episode where Satoshi and Pikachu go into the tower. I loved Pidgey/Pidgeoto/Pidgeot, so I like this idea as well.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
DeeDoubleU said:

Deoxys for the lose.
Pokemon has NOT gone downhill.

Sapphire was better than red and blue in EVERY way. Gameplay, graphics, longer story, more useful items etc.

Now if you mean Pokemon in general, well of course it did. It was the craze, crazes don't last forever. Especially since we were all fans in 5th grade of Pokemon(I was in 5th when it came out), and now all those fans are around my age(I just graduated high school)

And by the way, the show got gay after Johto season started, cuz 4kids are *******es who don't know how to keep a good show going

Where as the games have and always been developed by Gamefreaks, which have never made a bad Pokemon game.

Especially sine pokemon is the highest rated and bestselling handheld game in HISTORY, and SOLD GBAS/GBCsm and also made more money than Smash Bros. and halo combined

So that is very far from downhill

And I bet went Pokemon Diamond and the other jewel(i forgot the name), come out for DS with the 4th generation, EVERY 20 year old former Pokemon fan is gonna be taken over by the kid inside and by it. And I also bet you that it will SELL DS's

And besides if an 18 year old black guy from Chicago can defend Pokemon, and stays a fan no matter who thinks something about him, then that stands for something

And also

"PoKeMoN rulzorSss!111!111one!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!"

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for adding new Pokémon for Poké Balls in Brawl. Let me just say that I like the Ghost Pokémon Lick idea, but there's one thing non-canon about it: three Pokémon can't fit into one Ball. Just a thought.

Anyway, here's my ideal list. 24 of the Pokémon from Melee have been brought back (Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Clefairy, Electrode, Weezing, Chansey, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Togepi, Bellossom, Unown, Wobbuffet, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, and Celebi), and 4 of them have been replaced with new Pokémon that do similar moves (Goldeen, Staryu, Scizor, and Porygon2). Marill, however, has been scrapped entirely. Marill was a rather stupid idea for an item Pokémon. Sorry, Marill fans.

Also, I've decided against adding Pokémon from the Diamond/Pearl Generation. It's just too soon to add any Pokémon from a game that hasn't even been released yet. Sorry, Lucario fans.

---------------
Here are the newly-added item Pokémon from R/B/Y (Generation 1):

Meowth: back from SSB64; uses Pay Day to fire a barrage of coins at nearby enemies.
Mr. Mime: uses Baton Pass to switch the positions of the players.
Magikarp: Goldeen's more logical replacement; splashes around the stage, accomplishing nothing. Here's the twist: it stays around longer and can be damaged. If damaged enough times, it will transform into Gyrados and wreak havoc with Dragon Rage!

Here are the newly-added item Pokémon from G/S/C (Generation 2):

Totodile: sprays a short-range Water Gun to damage enemies and push them back.
Misdreavus: uses Confuse Ray to temporarily alter the control schemes of nearby enemies.
Heracross: Porygon2's replacement; suddenly appears, lunges forward, and uses Megahorn.

Unlike some people, I feel that it's only logical to add Pokémon from R/S/E (Generation 3). The game's been out for three years now, and it was a good game, don't kid yourself. Here are the newly-added item Pokémon from R/S/E:

Blaziken: Scizor's replacement; flies around the stage, attacking enemies with Blaze Kick.
Beautifly: uses Silver Wind to raise the stats of the person who threw the Poké Ball.
Ludicolo: uses Rain Dance to spray a large area with rain, damaging and slowing down enemies.
Shiftry: Staryu's replacement; rides wind to seek out an enemy and constantly peppers it with Bullet Seed.
Shedinja: Constantly follows player that threw Poké Ball and protects them using Mind Reader.
Spinda: uses Uproar to rapidly spin around the stage, causing damage.
Lunatone: uses Future Sight to attack a random opponent later on, when they least expect it.
Solrock: follows an enemy while charging up, then fires a Solar Beam at them.

As for the Legendaries; all of the Legendaries from R/S/E have been added, with the exception of Latias and Latios. They're far too similar to each other. Adding one might have been feasible, but you just can't have one without the other. Anyway, here are the new Legendaries:

Regirock: sends rocks falling from above with Rock Tomb (like Onix did in SSB64)
Regice: rapidly fires ice crystals in every direction with Hail.
Registeel: Locks-on to all enemies and lunges at them with Metal Claw, no matter where they are. Unable to be dodged.
Kyogre: fires constant, stunning, damaging soundwaves with Water Pulse.
Groudon: sends all grounded enemies skyward with Fissure.
Rayquaza: unpredictably tears through the entire stage with Dragon Dance.
Jirachi: flies away in the sky. Odds of catching are 1/386
---------------

I checked and re-checked my list and, with the 24 old ones and my 21 new additions, I counted 45 Pokémon in the list. Even better, this total is divided evenly between the three Generations: 15 for R/B/Y, 15 for G/S/C, and 15 for R/S/E.

Feel free to critique the list if you like.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
If Blaziken isn't going to be a playable character, they should at least have his move "Overheat" as a new addition to the pokeball thing. (Overheat is a move where Blaziken builds up enormous heat pressure, and then releases it, shooting fireballs in every direction, in case you didn't know) =D

icymatt

Smash Lord
I might have to do more research n the R/S/E Pokemon before I can say for sure, but I fully expect Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza to be the new massive damage trio.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'd like to say that all yo Poké-hataz GTFO.

With that said, why hate the new generation? Given, 3G didn't have much original Pokémon. Smeargle was one original, and perhaps Kekleon, but you can't say that for most. However, they still add to the Pokémon world, in some way or another. I actually liked the new steel Pokémon, and the legendaries were okay too.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comments! Anyways, TriforceJ's ideas:

I would rather see Meowth as a playable character than a pokemon in a poke ball. The Mr. Mime baton pass thing would be a fun idea (switching with someone falling off would be hilarious). Magikarp idea is okay. Totodile sounds like a nerfed Blastoise. Heracross sounds great. The Misdreavus' confuse ray sounds great. I thought about a confuse ray, too. Example: A and B buttons, left and right, jump and guard buttons would be mixed up. As far as the 3rd Gen and above pokemon, I never really got into it, so I won't answer them. I'd rather see more 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon. Also, more Legends would be great.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
May I suggest a few?

Replace Chansey with Chimecho. It could use Heal Bell to relieve... meh, I'll say 25% damage. When used in team battles, Chimecho not only relieves damage but also cures status (sleep, disable/shield-breaker stun, freeze, etc.) Chimecho cannot be destroyed.

Swampert: Uses Muddy Water, and in a similar fashion to the Nintendog, part of the screen gets covered with mud, making it hard to see for a while. After Swampert disappears, so does the mud. The attack wouldn't be very powerful (15%), but the flood would cause decent knockback (like Marill's weak pummels that would knock you backwards as it ran). Swampert cannot be destroyed.

BTW, I like the ghost Poke'mon Lick idea.

EDIT: When I say destroyed, I am referring to the fact that some Pokemon like Chansey, Cyndaquil, and Marill could be destroyed with enough attacks or a strong hit.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
New Pokemon: Manectric.

Runs and jumps like a marril mixed with scizor, but cannot go through scenery.
Does Scizor type damage and knockback, and doesn't dissapear after one jump.
In fact, it stays on for positively ages hounding your enemy, so the best thing to do
would be to Kill it.

I want beedrill rather than unknowns.

Pokemon that can die should have death animations, rather than just freezing.

fanaglethebagle

Smash Rookie
I think they should have options for pokemon that come out of pokeballs, especially since a lot of people hate the new generation.

how about a graveler who rolls around on his platform (red shell like without targeting people) back and forth damaging/knocking back whoever touches it.

Mario and Yoshi

Smash Rookie
What about the pokemon coming out?(I don't remember their names}
I like to see Ditto use the move transform copy the person who threw the ball and Grodon with fire blast.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here are my ideas for the New pokemon in pokeballs:

'Ghost Crew'
Pokemon: Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar (Depends on number of players)

Ability: Lick. They would come out of the pokeball and say their names. They would then disappear then reappear in front of an enemy. They would lick they, causing a stun. This freezes them from all action and lasts for maybe 10 - 15 secs. Those in the air fall down and those on ground are stunned. Damage rises, but cannot be KO in this state. No grabs allowed.

Why these Pokemon?: In the TV series, Ash finds a ghost infested tower. These 3 tricksters play around with the gang and their pokemon for laughs.

'Whirlwind'
Pokemon: Pidgeot

Ability: Whirlwind. Pidgeot would fly out of the pokeball, lands on its feet, and flaps its wings releasing a tornado. It would work like the tornados in Hyrule 64, but would be 3 - 5 times bigger and travel half across the screen (from its position) Note: He would face towards the closest side (thrown to the right, tornado to the right)

Why this Pokemon?: In the TV series, Ash caught a pidgey and evovled it into a Pidgeot, but released it to a clan of Pidgeys. Pidgeot was a significant Pokemon to Ash.

That's all I have for now. Comment please! Add some of your ideas to! (Sorry for any repeats)
thats gust attack not whirlwind, that attack would just blow everyone away.
and pidgeot isn't really significant to ash, that's pidgeotto, that evolves into pidgeot on the last episode.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
NIDOKING: runs across the stage doing horn drill
NIDOQIEEN: runs across the feild and grabs someone and does sizemic toss (similar to kirby's up throw but stronger and no escape).

pup cup

Smash Rookie
I would like Mew to do something spectacular in Brawl. Like just completely destroy everyone else on the stage with psychic.

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
Here are some pokemones in pokeball:
*DUSTOX: dustes around him with poisin powder that damages the players up to %15-%20.
*SWELLOW: whirlwind the players are infront of him.
*CAMERUPT: overheats the close players.
*CACTURNE: makes needle arms around him and then blows them right left up and evrey where.
*ABSOL: follows the close players then slashes them with his sharp claws like sizor.
*NINTALES: fires a flame tornado at the way he's facing.
*DONPHANE: rolles over the players like a car wheel.
*REGIROCK: throws rock slides at the players from above the level.
*REGICE: blows ice wind the way he is facing.
*JIRACHI: when he comes out he makes a wish that all the characters damage return to zero.

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
Here are some pokemones in pokeball:
*DUSTOX: dustes around him with poisin powder that damages the players up to %15-%20.
*SWELLOW: whirlwind the players are infront of him.
*CAMERUPT: overheats the close players.
*CACTURNE: makes needle arms around him and then blows them right left up and evrey where.
*ABSOL: follows the close players then slashes them with his sharp claws like sizor.
*NINTALES: fires a flame tornado at the way he's facing.
*DONPHANE: rolles over the players like a car wheel.
*REGIROCK: throws rock slides at the players from above the level.
*REGICE: blows ice wind the way he is facing.
*JIRACHI: when he comes out he makes a wish that all the characters damage return to zero.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
And Ruby/Sapphire were the worst selling Pokemon games to date.

The nut one could come out and do headbutt maybe

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
DETAIL'd:

Manectric should be like a killable version of scizor that cant go through walls, but jumps many times (once every few seconds), rather than once.

It will not leave the platform if it's on foot, but it can accidentally fall off from one of its jumps.

Manectric generally runs about quite quickly, and chases people biting and shocking them dealing 15% damage. Very, very annoying. It can be killed in one tipper or a well placed spike.

ike--Luigi

Smash Rookie
ok who cares about the pokemon... their old news.... meele is about the one on one character battle..... but if there is a pokemon its gotta b missino.... and he deletes the % taken... only the person who threw the ball theres no poke' that has that ability....

falco999

Smash Apprentice
i think that the pokemon should be different levels too
like at a higher level they would deal more percent and have a higher kb

Kuro soshi13

Smash Rookie
i dont know much about these new fangled 2nd and 3rd gen pokemon, but i have 2 ideas

1. have their be a random, low chance that the pokeball u throw is empty, and

2. have a Diglett or Dugtrio come out and atk people within a certain area from underground, popping up in random places like whack-a-mole

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
10-15 seconds? That seems pretty long to me.

Hmm... well, I guess I have an idea, it kind of goes like this...

Abra

Description: After a few seconds from being out of the ball,it teleports away! :p

It's kind of like Goldeen, in that it's almost completely useless. We need to evenout the powers, don't we?

But as for serious ideas, I'd go with that Diglet or Dugtrio one, except they create Earthquakes that bury characters, or is there one already like that?

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
I always thought Ditto should be in there.
Maybe:

Sharpedo replace scizor (there are alot of people that think scizor should be replaced)
Lickitung -- uses lick instead of the ghost
Quilava (my favorite) -- replace cyndaquil -- uses flamewheel

And that's about all I got for now

Top Bottom