• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pokemon in Pokeballs idea

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I always thought Ditto should be in there.
Maybe:

Sharpedo replace scizor (there are alot of people that think scizor should be replaced)
Lickitung -- uses lick instead of the ghost
Quilava (my favorite) -- replace cyndaquil -- uses flamewheel

And that's about all I got for now
how do you think Ditto would work out in there?

Wrath`

Smash Master
My ditto exsplination.

When he comes out of the pokeball he morphs onto a pink form of the person who called upon him.Then he fights alongside like a partner for 15sec and then dissapears.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
How about they change Togepi so that when relesed, it runs away. Th first person to claim it by touching it will have it use metronome on their side?

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Septile- He does Leaf Blade to who every he runs into

Skitty- Does Blizzard. freezes if damage enough

Cubone- Does Bonearang. It works like Links.

Abra- Teleports out of the stage.

Seviper- Posin Tail. High hit ratio.

Dragonite- Hyper Beam

Dugtrio- Dig. Pops out of the ground from all over the place.

Thats all I got.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Septile- He does Leaf Blade to who every he runs into

Skitty- Does Blizzard. freezes if damage enough

Cubone- Does Bonearang. It works like Links.

Abra- Teleports out of the stage.

Seviper- Posin Tail. High hit ratio.

Dragonite- Hyper Beam

Dugtrio- Dig. Pops out of the ground from all over the place.

Thats all I got.
Awesome ideas! Withthe poisonTail attack,though, wouldit bepossible for a characterto actually get poisned? i considered something like that myself.

TheBig_N

Smash Rookie
It will be cool to see all the pkms, or at least all the last evolutions of the pokemons and the Legendary ones

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
Wtf ARE pokemon past 150? They don't EXIST. If anything, ... they should keep 'em like it was in melee. I say this considering different attacks and the like.
or
`they can even not waste time on pokemon and spend the mem on more Chars?

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
I Agree with the guy above me
Pokemon above 150 are lame.
I think if they put a few more of those pokemon in.
that would be good
but if they did put more pokemon in they would have to make them WAAAAAY
better

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I wonder... since it's most likely that Diamond and Peral will be out before Brawl is, what're the chances that any 4th gens will be showing up in Brawl? Well, whether they do or not, I like doing this kind of stuff; what I need to do is get my Pokegroove on again... (I have a team of lv 50 or so Meowths that I used to get 95+ Rare Candies in Ruby to find the IVs of the Tank Team I was gonna use to show my friends into competitive Pokemon.... but I've been long sidetracked since then; at least I've got a sub-spore-punching Breloom, and a shiny Raticate to raise XP)((I'm calling him Mickey. Super Fang FTW!))

So here is a list of potential predictions for Brawl; and if nothing else, there's some ideas in here that could probably be applied on other pokemon with some slight changes, such as Pachirisu... I can just see them including the 4th gen Pikachu as a Pokeball 'mon, if they wouldn't have Plusule/Minun in there as pokeballs or even, heaven forbid, an IC-style tag-team... *shudder*

Pachirisu (Electric, Electric Squirrel-type (FTW))
Specific Move: Super Fang
Pachirisu is essentially a suped-up Scizor. After running at an opponent it will jump and try to use Super Fang on the opponent, trying one more time with a Quick Attack should it miss the first time. The hitbox for the Super Fang is about the size of Rest's, but it stays out for longer, and can be pulled off by Pachirisu more successfully due to it being about the speed/weight of Pichu. When hit by Super Fang, the opponent recieves one-half his current damage; if hit at 25%, it would cause 12% damage; if hit at 50%, it would cause 25% damage; if at 100%, it'd cause 50% damage; etc. and etc., all decimals rounded down.

Fuwaraido (Ghost/Flying, Balloon-type)
Specific Move: Quick Revenge?
Like a Jigglypuff imitating an Electrode; once out, it floats around until someone, anyone touches it, causing it to explode and give 20-30% damage with moderate kickback. It would float in the same spot for 3-5 seconds, before starting to slowly float up and away.

Dootakun (Steel/Psychic, Bronze Bell-type)
Specific Move: Restore Imprison
Dootakun's effect is much like what Metronome is. After appearing, it emits a sonic noise that causes the screen to distort for 2-3 seconds, before dissapearing and leaving with a red aura around them. For the next 15 seconds, while the aura lasts (KOs rest it) recovery items have no effect; eg Heart, Maxim Tomato, Food, & Ness's Down-B.

Dorapion (Poison/Dark, Monster Scorpion-type)
Specific Move: Pin Missile (W/ Snipe)
Dorapion posistions itself in 1-2 seconds before targetting an opponent in 2 seconds and firing 2-5 Pin Missles at them, with about the same result of Samus's homing missles, only slightly slower and more directional knockback (from the point of contact) instead of an explosion.

Neorantu (Water, Neon-type)
Specific Move: Bounce
A goldeen that can "attack", anyone coming near Neorantu's flailing will cause it to jump into the air and crash down like a mini-Kirby Piledriver, the result being some stun and a minimal damage. 5% damage and low knockback; mostly recognized because of stun abilities.

PorygonZ (Normal, Virtual-type)
Specific Move: Tri-Attack
Continuing on with the line of Porygon pokemon in SSB, except this time with a noticable difference... Instead of a straight-out surprise attack, PorygonZ's attack range is extended by 1/3 of Porygons before it, and its trajectory would be random, not unlike Pikachu's Quick Attack, PorygonZ's being 3 "jumps", however randomized so that it does not consecutively travel the same vector. 12% per hit with moderate-low vertical kickback, possible to get hit more than once, but more luck than anything. Each "jump" comes with it a certain effect; "jump" 1 would have a chance of freezing, "jump" 2 would have a chance of an electric shock, and "jump" 3 would have a chance of 1-second burning damage.

LEGENDARY: Darkrai (Dark, Darkness-type)
Specific Move: Nightmare
Darkrai would emit a wave of "darkness" from itself to cover the whole stage (IE Final Destination-size I estimate) that would put EVERYONE to sleep a la Jigglypuff, except with slightly more potent results, and while asleep people would be taking damage just as if hit with a Lip's Stick

And because I just can't resist how he looks, Marill's successor:
Manmuu! (Piloswine Evolution; Ice/Ground, Two Tusk-type)
Specific Move: Take Down
Think of a combination of Snorlax with Marill's purpose. Manmuu, being as large as it is, charges across the stage in some direction and anyone unlucky enough to be hit will be carried with it until it reaches the edge and plows them over the edge, plumetting to its death. If hit on-stage, retaliation will be impossible until it starts to fall off, upon which the victim has a chance to recover. Manmuu's large enough to hit anybody on a normally-positioned platform, but they will only be "tipped" and suffer more damage but no draw-down. Initial hit damage = 18%, each second caught = 2% extra damage; tipped = 24% damage + knockback, mostly vertical.
Manmuu could easily be replaced by Ramuparudo, possibly by Toridepusu - although if there'd be a way of turning Toridepusu's shield-ness into a SSB effect, I'd slate it for that.

...wow, do I sometimes get carried away. All of this was just thought up off the top of my head based on what I've already read on about these pokemon or as I scrolled the D/P New Pokemon; their moves may or may not fit their characteristisms, I've no way of looking at pokedex entries, so I can't check them that way, and with the new voice actors I'll not watch the d/p season...) Serebii.net... look them up if you want to.

To anyone who thinks about bashing Pokemon, let me say this:
Pokemon Games = Teh Win
Pokemon-Based Games = I don't care (ie Puzzle Leauge, Snap, Ranger, etc)
99% of all other Pokemon merchindise = Teh Fail

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I wonder... since it's most likely that Diamond and Peral will be out before Brawl is, what're the chances that any 4th gens will be showing up in Brawl? Well, whether they do or not, I like doing this kind of stuff; what I need to do is get my Pokegroove on again... (I have a team of lv 50 or so Meowths that I used to get 95+ Rare Candies in Ruby to find the IVs of the Tank Team I was gonna use to show my friends into competitive Pokemon.... but I've been long sidetracked since then; at least I've got a sub-spore-punching Breloom, and a shiny Raticate to raise XP)((I'm calling him Mickey. Super Fang FTW!))

So here is a list of potential predictions for Brawl; and if nothing else, there's some ideas in here that could probably be applied on other pokemon with some slight changes, such as Pachirisu... I can just see them including the 4th gen Pikachu as a Pokeball 'mon, if they wouldn't have Plusule/Minun in there as pokeballs or even, heaven forbid, an IC-style tag-team... *shudder*

Pachirisu (Electric, Electric Squirrel-type (FTW))
Specific Move: Super Fang
Pachirisu is essentially a suped-up Scizor. After running at an opponent it will jump and try to use Super Fang on the opponent, trying one more time with a Quick Attack should it miss the first time. The hitbox for the Super Fang is about the size of Rest's, but it stays out for longer, and can be pulled off by Pachirisu more successfully due to it being about the speed/weight of Pichu. When hit by Super Fang, the opponent recieves one-half his current damage; if hit at 25%, it would cause 12% damage; if hit at 50%, it would cause 25% damage; if at 100%, it'd cause 50% damage; etc. and etc., all decimals rounded down.

Fuwaraido (Ghost/Flying, Balloon-type)
Specific Move: Quick Revenge?
Like a Jigglypuff imitating an Electrode; once out, it floats around until someone, anyone touches it, causing it to explode and give 20-30% damage with moderate kickback. It would float in the same spot for 3-5 seconds, before starting to slowly float up and away.

Dootakun (Steel/Psychic, Bronze Bell-type)
Specific Move: Restore Imprison
Dootakun's effect is much like what Metronome is. After appearing, it emits a sonic noise that causes the screen to distort for 2-3 seconds, before dissapearing and leaving with a red aura around them. For the next 15 seconds, while the aura lasts (KOs rest it) recovery items have no effect; eg Heart, Maxim Tomato, Food, & Ness's Down-B.

Dorapion (Poison/Dark, Monster Scorpion-type)
Specific Move: Pin Missile (W/ Snipe)
Dorapion posistions itself in 1-2 seconds before targetting an opponent in 2 seconds and firing 2-5 Pin Missles at them, with about the same result of Samus's homing missles, only slightly slower and more directional knockback (from the point of contact) instead of an explosion.

Neorantu (Water, Neon-type)
Specific Move: Bounce
A goldeen that can "attack", anyone coming near Neorantu's flailing will cause it to jump into the air and crash down like a mini-Kirby Piledriver, the result being some stun and a minimal damage. 5% damage and low knockback; mostly recognized because of stun abilities.

PorygonZ (Normal, Virtual-type)
Specific Move: Tri-Attack
Continuing on with the line of Porygon pokemon in SSB, except this time with a noticable difference... Instead of a straight-out surprise attack, PorygonZ's attack range is extended by 1/3 of Porygons before it, and its trajectory would be random, not unlike Pikachu's Quick Attack, PorygonZ's being 3 "jumps", however randomized so that it does not consecutively travel the same vector. 12% per hit with moderate-low vertical kickback, possible to get hit more than once, but more luck than anything. Each "jump" comes with it a certain effect; "jump" 1 would have a chance of freezing, "jump" 2 would have a chance of an electric shock, and "jump" 3 would have a chance of 1-second burning damage.

LEGENDARY: Darkrai (Dark, Darkness-type)
Specific Move: Nightmare
Darkrai would emit a wave of "darkness" from itself to cover the whole stage (IE Final Destination-size I estimate) that would put EVERYONE to sleep a la Jigglypuff, except with slightly more potent results, and while asleep people would be taking damage just as if hit with a Lip's Stick

And because I just can't resist how he looks, Marill's successor:
Manmuu! (Piloswine Evolution; Ice/Ground, Two Tusk-type)
Specific Move: Take Down
Think of a combination of Snorlax with Marill's purpose. Manmuu, being as large as it is, charges across the stage in some direction and anyone unlucky enough to be hit will be carried with it until it reaches the edge and plows them over the edge, plumetting to its death. If hit on-stage, retaliation will be impossible until it starts to fall off, upon which the victim has a chance to recover. Manmuu's large enough to hit anybody on a normally-positioned platform, but they will only be "tipped" and suffer more damage but no draw-down. Initial hit damage = 18%, each second caught = 2% extra damage; tipped = 24% damage + knockback, mostly vertical.
Manmuu could easily be replaced by Ramuparudo, possibly by Toridepusu - although if there'd be a way of turning Toridepusu's shield-ness into a SSB effect, I'd slate it for that.

...wow, do I sometimes get carried away. All of this was just thought up off the top of my head based on what I've already read on about these pokemon or as I scrolled the D/P New Pokemon; their moves may or may not fit their characteristisms, I've no way of looking at pokedex entries, so I can't check them that way, and with the new voice actors I'll not watch the d/p season...) Serebii.net... look them up if you want to.

To anyone who thinks about bashing Pokemon, let me say this:
Pokemon Games = Teh Win
Pokemon-Based Games = I don't care (ie Puzzle Leauge, Snap, Ranger, etc)
99% of all other Pokemon merchindise = Teh Fail
I'm stunned :dizzy: what a post!

I agree with you, pkmn owes, but They should be kept in pokeballs as an item.
Pkmn Characters simply don't fit in SSB/M/B...

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I'm stunned :dizzy: what a post!

I agree with you, pkmn owes, but They should be kept in pokeballs as an item.
Pkmn Characters simply don't fit in SSB/M/B...
Yeah... I think I've gone and nerd-pwned myself, along with 90% of the thread. That's 45 minutes lost that could've been spent on homework XD

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Back around fall '03 when I got the game, I spent a decent ammount of time in some old board in GameFAQs for the Commodore 64... it was made into a SSB3 forum, where things like what characters, movesets, stages, etc should be in it. Longer story made shorter, I've spent more time creating movesets for individual characters... like, actually going on to describe what their aerial moves would be, the throws, tilts, etc.

I even recall playing through that part of whatever Kirby game that was to get a good sense for what Metaknight's special moves could be...

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
alright i know this is lame and has probably already been said countless times...but how about ditto. he could mimic the last pokeball played and if he was the first pokeball he would get confused and then run away upset.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
alright i know this is lame and has probably already been said countless times...but how about ditto. he could mimic the last pokeball played and if he was the first pokeball he would get confused and then run away upset.
Idea!

Ditto (Normal, Transform-type)
Specific Move: Transform
Ditto does what it does best: Transform into the first thing it really sees, and you, being the "trainer" who threw its ball would be who it'd copy. (Other complications aside; simplicity is more often than not best) Being a ditto-paste copy of your character, it would seek out a nearby opponent much as a CPU would (level may vary?); more accurately it would be CPU-guided to a target before performing one of your character's Special moves on the opponent, even if they be inapplicable or inordinate to use (Belay, Rollout...)

EXTRA: Should there be no immediate opponent onstage for it to target, it would taunt as your character would, only any vocals would be replaced by the "Ditto!".
...Or, perhaps if it lived (or if it didn't) it could taunt like that before dissapearing?

...I'm not so sure about this one, but I was struck by the idea, and thought it might be worth developing... I like the idea for having it to taunt, but it almost seems unfair to the other Pokeball-mon that they don't get to do anything as cool as that...

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I think confuse ray should be given to someone else than misdreavus and let it have pain split; equalling the damage between all players. That would be interesting, sometimes overpowered, sometimes bad for the user :chuckle:

And I like the sunflora idea

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think confuse ray should be given to someone else than misdreavus and let it have pain split; equalling the damage between all players. That would be interesting, sometimes overpowered, sometimes bad for the user :chuckle:

And I like the sunflora idea
Like Zubat or Gastly, maybe?

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Missingno
The game freezes for 10 seconds, then al items and the stage are jacked up for the rest of the game. :)

Top Bottom