• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Player :) seeking for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintups

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys,

I'm a new smash player. I have lurked at the scene on twitch and notice alot of involment in the community.
I am searching for answers for a few questions I have as a new player.

How does one gain predictable control over their character?
For example, this Dark Icarus player kept spamming a move and I feel like I could have beat him with my Sonic with a sort of counter move but I wasn't sure if I should use down/smash or what it was very frustrating.

Also, a Mac player kept spamming the charge punch move and he beat me! I feel once again like my Sonic could have taken him out with a move that would have countered the spam.

To put it simply, are there moves that counter other characters move?
Is there ever a time that the character you control feels like an extension of what your thoughts are and they transfer to the screen? Thanks to anyone that is willing to read this and answer these questions.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Stop calling it "spamming".

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.