• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pit Tricks? Perfect wing cancel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So I was messing around with Pit in the waiting room and I found a couple of new things that I have never seen a Pit do and could possibly improve his ledge game.

1. Edgehop Wing Cancel - I found that when you press the jump button to recover from hanging on a ledge you can whip out a woi and quickly cancel it to land on your feet right next to the edge. I'm not sure if this is much of a benefit other than looking cool, but it might be faster than climbing on the ledge normally (I haven't timed the methods of getting back on the stage from hanging on the ledge precisely). Even if it isn't significantly faster, it could be useful mindgames since your opponent ill not be expecting this and you could whip out a quick dsmash or a grab right after you wing cancel. Just a little something to mix up your gameplay.

2. Perfect Wing Cancel "Flashing": This is what surprised me the most. The previous trick is just a variation of the regular wing cancel. This version is more different. It is a way to perfectly cancel woi, but it is limited to offstage use. (As in no way, as of now, can you do this anywhere that is not by the edge of a ledge. In a regular wing cancel, you can see the blue wings appear for a moment and about 2 rings of light emit from Pit. In this version, if timed perfectly, you only see one ring of light and hear the sound of woi. This means you don't even see Pit's blue wings appear.

To perform this, you must have forward momentum on the ground. So you must run (I have done it while walking, but it is more difficult) to the edge and right before you fall off the stage, you activate woi. Apparently the game registers this as a ground woi where Pit crouches down and jumps up, but with forward momentum, the air cancels this animation as you fall off the edge so all that happens is a ring of light emits from Pit and you start floating down. This could be made useful because you can follow up with anything, even another woi. Possible mindgames? Easier stage spikes? You figure it out, lol.

I haven't tested this with much and will probably test some possiblilities during gameplay.(I have a theory that if the first ring of light has wind knock back that you can "flash" and then woi again for even more knockback! Like flash spiking, lol. It would be similar to a low powered water gun from squirtle or mario offstage I guess. Sorry, I don't have video content, but I think I gave a good enough description for people to try out on their own. I'm just happy that I actually discovered something. At least I hope so. If this has already been discovered then I will be pretty frustrated for making this entire topic, lol. Try it out guys! :chuckle:

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's found out already.

I mean I do it all the time. >.>

And I doubt I found out about this before other Pit mains did. :p

Good stuff though. =)

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, bro, old stuff. Good job finding it on your own, though. This thread will probably be closed, but keep up the good work, there are a lot of intricacies of Pit's WoI.

Coffee™

I need it....
Like Phaigne said, both are pretty old things and both have actually been brought up a couple times, so I'm just gonna go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom