• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pikmin's Captain

Jestaer

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys,
I'm a new Smash player and this is my first Smash game. I start playing and try a few character in training mode to see what character I enjoy most, and I really like Olimar and his "Crew"... After playing a few matches VS CPU 9 I saw that I tend to use only, or mostly, my Pikmins and not Olimar himself. I'm seeing a lot of your videos and tournament match to understand how to play effectively Olimar and not to "Spam-Throw" Pikmin without use Olimar.
Could you give me some suggestions and tips to improve my matches, please?
And Because I'm new to Smash, I'm new also to GameCube controller, so if you could give me some suggestions on how to improve with it and maybe some configuration that works well with Olimar... Thank you guys!

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Alright, I'm not a pro player but here are my suggestions about Olimar.
  • Know and be aware of everything you can about your Pikmins. This is a great Olimar's guide that will be your bible.
  • Keep and eye of the Line, this is a very critical issue and you HAVE to pay attention to this.
  • Try to learn what Olimar CAN and what CAN'T do.
  • Olimar is a tiny and light-weight character, so you need to avoid getting hit and punished.
  • Learn how to run and grab or run and smash, this will help to keep you on the platform and keep the distance with your enemy.
  • The basic combo is Down Throw + Forward Air + anything you can. It get difficult on higher % of damage.
  • Whistling in the exact moment gives you Super Armor.
I hope it helps you ^^.

Top Bottom