• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pika Player

woody72691

Smash Ace
hey i'm a new pika player and i've already looked at the guide but i would like advice on wut moves i should use with Pikachu and wut moves i shouldn't use!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
I agree wit pikachunoob about the bair

However I don't agree with him about the fthrow and dash attack

The forward throw can be used against Ice Climbers as a mixup between ur fthrow and ur bthrow

If u grab nana and popo is still in his shield u have time to tap A once and shock nana in the grab.

Once popo comes out of shield or WD's in he will still be sliding and not have time to CC.

If u grab nana and popo isn't shieldin, he's most likely lookin for a CC into a fsmash or a dsmash before or while ur tryin to throw nana

If he goes for the smash right away the sparks from th fthrow will pick him up and when u throw nana it will push him back.

If popo waits until u throw u can use a bthrow instead (as long as ur not right near the edge or u won't roll anywhere)

Once the player starts to catch onto both it usually opens up more jolt spam oppurtunities

If u happen to grab popo though just fthrow right away bcuz the player won't have time to input a CC for nana and she will get hit by the sparks and pushed back slightly after popo is thrown. Once that happens it's almost a guaranteed grab or smash on nana. Even if the opponent inputs a shield command for nana she will just drop her shield and stand there once popo gets hurled past her.

The dash attack helps at higher percents on certain people hellbent on tryin to CC ur attacks still. Tip those silly rabbits over lol

It can also be used on fastfallers who didn't tech properly when they hit the floor near the edge of a stage for an easy pushoff without needing to time much.

Hope this helps

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I agree wit pikachunoob about the bair

However I don't agree with him about the fthrow and dash attack

The forward throw can be used against Ice Climbers as a mixup between ur fthrow and ur bthrow

If u grab nana and popo is still in his shield u have time to tap A once and shock nana in the grab.

Once popo comes out of shield or WD's in he will still be sliding and not have time to CC.

If u grab nana and popo isn't shieldin, he's most likely lookin for a CC into a fsmash or a dsmash before or while ur tryin to throw nana

If he goes for the smash right away the sparks from th fthrow will pick him up and when u throw nana it will push him back.

If popo waits until u throw u can use a bthrow instead (as long as ur not right near the edge or u won't roll anywhere)

Once the player starts to catch onto both it usually opens up more jolt spam oppurtunities

If u happen to grab popo though just fthrow right away bcuz the player won't have time to input a CC for nana and she will get hit by the sparks and pushed back slightly after popo is thrown. Once that happens it's almost a guaranteed grab or smash on nana. Even if the opponent inputs a shield command for nana she will just drop her shield and stand there once popo gets hurled past her.
Well, I didn't say they where never used. Yeah, Fthrow is good depending on Popo. But it is not a good separator compare to the godly Bthrow.

The dash attack helps at higher percents on certain people hellbent on tryin to CC ur attacks still. Tip those silly rabbits over lol

It can also be used on fastfallers who didn't tech properly when they hit the floor near the edge of a stage for an easy pushoff without needing to time much.

Hope this helps
lol, and I'd rather Dsmash non teching spacies.

Oops...double post sorry
Shame on you! Shame on you!
*throws duck poop at Scissors sir *

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Lol

U can see what popo is doing...
I thought I explained at what points to switch up bthrow and fthrow

At least we agree pika's bthrow is godly!!!
Even if no one else agrees...Lol

And y would u prefer near the edge of the stage to rack up more damage and give the spacies a chance to DI further into the middle of the stage instead of pushin em off and settin up an edgeguard?

Huh? Huh? Lol

Any other parts of the stage by all means punish the missed tech with a dsmash

Back to u woody...

Don't mind me and pikachun00b

We're just jokin wit each other

But yes he's right those moves SUCK!!

Until u are able to use his better attacks very well it's best to stay away from those two

Bcuz those 2 attacks are EXTREMELY situational

*hugs pikachun00b*
In a non-homo way of course...lol

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Lol

At least we agree pika's bthrow is godly!!!
Even if no one else agrees...Lol
Why wouldn't anyone agree?

And y would u prefer near the edge of the stage to rack up more damage and give the spacies a chance to DI further into the middle of the stage instead of pushin em off and settin up an edgeguard?
Huh? Huh? Lol
Because I imagined that they missed a tech in the middle of the stage. Even if they where by the edge, the weird dash attack knock back will push them a bit upwards. And they will recover with the gay illusion (the gaylusion). and since they are high, you can't thun3r shock them. which makes makes it super gay. If you used its Dsmash you will:

A-(if the KB is away from the edge) run after them> JC grab> Bthrow> Edgeguard> kay O>
Taunt> **** opponent before respond.

B- (if it is off the stage) They would be forced to use a Firefox, which Pika can deal with.

Until u are able to use his better attacks very well it's best to stay away from those two
All of Pika's attacks suck....... except for the Ftilt. Ftilt FTW!!!111one

*hugs pikachun00b*
In a non-homo way of course...lol
What if I'm a girl? You didn't take that into consideration, because you KNEW I was a male. Which means you are a stalker. But since I'm only 13 that makes you a pedophile. And aren't Pedos, commies?

*brings out shotgun*

Pine

Smash Ace
dont use up air or any smashes they all suck :p

and stay away from the nair too

now that i think of it only use the fair...its got godly knockback for KO's and high damage for racking damage up...its perfect

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
dont use up air or any smashes they all suck :p

and stay away from the nair too

now that i think of it only use the fair...its got godly knockback for KO's and high damage for racking damage up...its perfect
Moves to stay away from:
Usmash
Fsmash
Dsmash
Uair
Dair
Bair
Fair
Dtilt
Utilt
A button.
Up B
Down B
Side B.
And the grab and all its throws.

Moves you SHOULD spam:
Ftilt
Taunt
Shine spike
Hydro pump

And no pine. NEVER use the Fair! It can set up for a Grab/Utilt/Dsmash(sometimes)! Do not listen to Scissors sir, woody! We are all serious.

Pine

Smash Ace
no no no fair is good for setting up for another FAIR....into a FAIR into the finisher....a FAIR....ending damage......12% ending knockback 0 PERFECT COMBO

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
no no no fair is good for setting up for another FAIR....into a FAIR into the finisher....a FAIR....ending damage......12% ending knockback 0 PERFECT COMBO
OMG, I love you pine! But first you must use the Fair ten time before hitting your opponent so the transmutation will make it 5%! Holy crap! You just made Pika broken!

Pine

Smash Ace
rofl but of course pika is secretly a water type deep within....

stay away from hydro pump only use fairs...

if you get 10 fairs in a row you can finish with hydro pump due to awesomeness of fair combo

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
rofl but of course pika is secretly a water type deep within....

stay away from hydro pump only use fairs...

if you get 10 fairs in a row you can finish with hydro pump due to awesomeness of fair combo
I'm not going to let someone names "Pine" tell me not to use hydro ***... I mean pump! I mean its power is 120! One hundred and ****ing twenty! Plus, hydro pump sets up for a FAIR.
Hydro pump=Combo
Fair= Finisher

okami473

Smash Apprentice
Yeah its like they were ment for building up ur # of posts, maybe i have said to much........

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
B00bs, nazis, KKK, p3nis, d1ld0, corn on the cob

I had lunch with the teletubbies today

They all main pika also

Think they said somethin bout usin pika's skull bash ftw

Think they also mentioned somethin bout takin turns wit p-kan00b in be.... umm nevermind

O_o

On topic

Use jolts

+1 post count *tiptoes away from thread*

Top Bottom