• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Person Here

Neon00

Smash Rookie
Hello there, I'm Neon00. I play Brawl, Smash 64, and I'm trying to get into Melee... However, I'm struggling with learning all the tactics, and how to play as fast-paced as you have to in melee. I got Brawl about 2008, making it my first Smash game, however I had played Melee with my cousin, and I generally played Mewtwo and was awful.
I now am pretty okay, not quite pro level, but I'm not bad either. I've been hoping to get into tourney play, but being that Brawl is dying, and Melee has all the tactics already formed, and the meta is pretty deep, I'm probably going to wait until Smash 4 comes out. I main Wolf in Brawl, and use Pikachu and Sonic as my secondaries. Sometimes I'll play Ike, but I generally can't play slower, bulkier characters well. In Melee I play as Roy, but I really don't have any secondaries. Then in Smash 64, I main Fox, and occasionally play Captain Falcon and Pikachu. I've never been excellent, as I've stated multiple times, but I'm far superior to my friends, even when I'm rusty, and now I'm hoping to take it a step up. My issues are, one, I really don't know how to handle jumping into the tourney scene, especially with it beginning to fall apart in Brawl, and I really don't know if I'll be able to travel for them. Two, my skills are a bit sloppy, I can generally handle fights, but I don't play that neat like some of the more well known brawlers. So, wall of text aside, I'll let you people decide whether you hate me, like me, or really don't care if I'm a person.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Your last sentence made me laugh for some reason.

We're alike in a way. I consider myself to be a pretty good player, but I too am waiting for Smash 4 before putting in my full effort. I could probably place well in a few PM tournaments if I got active with it (that's the only Smash I'm somewhat playing lately), but with the new game around the corner, I'm not all that interested in putting in the effort.

Oh well.

Like I do with many others, I will link you to this competitive guide. After reading through it some, I'm sure you'll be able to tighten up your skills and play "neat"-like.

Most importantly, stick around and have fun around here :)

Neon00

Smash Rookie
Eh, just something I generally say when I post stuff involving opinions or introductions. It's good to know that others around here generally play Smash like me. Quite honestly, if I didn't have to deal with some restrictions I have, I'd probably play PM, but I generally have paranoid PM. I've glanced at the competitive guide when I've lurked around here, but I should probably read it. I'll probably be here regularly now that I'm looking into competitive play and the new game.

Edit: After looking at the guide, I can state that I knew the majority of the info stated, however, it definitely helped put it in a form that it is now applicable, rather than just info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom