• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New(?) Niche tech against Spacies

Spookerton

Smash Rookie
I was messing around with move staleness in relation to shine when I found that a reflected projectile that hits a target affects the staleness of the user of the reflectors move that is equivalent to the move used to summon the projectile. What I mean by this is, for example, a samus shoots a missle at a shining fox, which reflects back and hits her. the samus's missile doesnt get staled at all, and the foxes side b is the move that gets staled.

Im not sure if this is new or just not widely known but I had never heard about it before.

I was trying to think of practical uses for this ability to stale a fox or falcos specific move, but there weren't many because the projectile actually has to hit the original user (in singles) for any effect to happen, on top of the fact that you can just punish the enemy another way and there's miniscule benifits.

The best I could come up with was yoshi using his down b next to a fox/falco so he is hit b the stars that come out, only dealing 1-2 damage to himself and staling the spacies shine.

Any ideas would be great.

An important note: from my testing, this doesn't work with holdable projectiles like turnips or link bombs.

Abefroman

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ABEF#110
Switch FC
SW-7672-2689-2784
This happens a lot to marth when he powershields falco lasers. when summit tracked the stats for Zain's biggest neutral opener, It said neutral b, even though he was playing marth. That's because his biggest opener was freakin' powershielded lasers.

that says a lot more about zain being a god than this being practical though. In general, spacies don't use shine to reflect projectiles. and if you used a laggy move like yoshi down b, you'd just get punished into oblivion. So this is less like an anti spacie tech, and more like a neat quirk of the game engine. there's also the fact that a fox's moves being stale doesn't really effect him very much unless it's a killmove like upsmash or upair. let's say his shine is stale. so what? he can unstale it by spamming lasers or just deal with shine doing a little less damage. so what if it does 2% instead of 3% if he can just wavedash out of it and upsmash and kill you? lol.

Top Bottom