• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ness Tech?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
This was discovered by @Fisac .

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/33jung/new_ness_techmeta/#cqlllli

Basically, perform the yoyo glitch,
then, put on any jacket of choosing.

Now, let your opponent hit you while doing an U-Smash,
you will DROP your jacket. You can drop it in ANY place. The jacket hitbox will drop where the Usmash was canceled.
Is this a new tech?

You can also revert the jacket back to the original YYG hitbox or a downsmash hitbox.
Pretty neat.

You can also do it without projectiles, by upsmashing randall and winmill.
Also able to place hitboxes anywhere.
Easier way to produce the yyg too.

Last edited:

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Copy of my post from reddit:

Sorry to bring bad news, but this isn't new. Btw you can also do it with dsmash. Having an invisible pkt2 hitbox sitting around on stage is cool, but having one that moves around and blocks attacks on you is better. Even with the ability to drop the hitbox getting a dair hitbox off stage is not only unlikely but also not very strong as using nearly any attack as Ness will deadline the hitbox making it go away and the hitbox location is likely to make the deadline cover areas less likely to hit opponents.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Copy of my post from reddit:

Sorry to bring bad news, but this isn't new. Btw you can also do it with dsmash. Having an invisible pkt2 hitbox sitting around on stage is cool, but having one that moves around and blocks attacks on you is better. Even with the ability to drop the hitbox getting a dair hitbox off stage is not only unlikely but also not very strong as using nearly any attack as Ness will deadline the hitbox making it go away and the hitbox location is likely to make the deadline cover areas less likely to hit opponents.
Aw.Still, this is something really cool. Ness would be viable if there was an easier way to perform the YYG tbh.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I agree. If there were a way to do a YYG reliably without the need to hit something then it would greatly affect Ness' viability. If changes were made to allow easier use of the YYG but still required Ness to hit something then I imagine those changes would ultimately make Ness better in ways outside the use of YYG anyway.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I would like to stress, though, that as Ness players we should explore and exploit every angle of gameplay we can. Become intimately familiar with the stuff this post is about and maybe later on it will lead you to more knowledge or even a game win.

Top Bottom