• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ness D-Throw Glitch?

Tony Ray

Smash Rookie
https://youtu.be/FFONZtpNzOA
Kind of similar to that thing with wario on that Wuhu Island stage, but this is on a legal tournament stage. Is this new?

Edit: Just did some testing and this kills earlier than backthrow on the side of halberd. And its on both sides, not just the right side. the downthrow kills falcon at ~70 and the backthrow kills at ~80.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Reminds me of the recent find with Falco d-throwing Falcon on the left side of Battlefield and forcing him off the stage in a similar manner. Halberd is just full of odd things. I remember playing against a R.O.B. on Halberd and I used my d-smash while he was just below the left side of the stage. He wasn't snapping to the ledge, either. It was on the same area as shown in your video, with the claw and cannonball when this happened. Ness might not be the only one who can do this by the way. Try it with Falco and see if he gets the same results on Ganondorf and Falcon.

D

DeleteThisAcct

I think it has something to do with the shape / angle of the ledge. It only seems to affect certain characters too (Duck Hunt, for example, is immune to it).

Ness might not be the only one who can do this by the way. Try it with Falco and see if he gets the same results on Ganondorf and Falcon.
Just tested this for you, can confirm Falco can do it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
This is an oldie. This glitch has occurred at least since Brawl (I think on one of the ledges of BF, use Zelda's Dthrow on someone for the same effect) and Ness has had it for a while. It's a cute glitch and can put the opponent into an awkward position but it's nothing huge afaik.

Meccs

@Meccs_
On mobile so dont want to watch the video, but I was practing Dthrow>fair>regrabbing on Falcon the other day and when I was at the far right of FD he would fly backwards almost through the stage. i assume thats what this thread is about. i feel like this new to this patch for 4, though.

Last edited:

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
I think it has something to do with the shape / angle of the ledge. It only seems to affect certain characters too (Duck Hunt, for example, is immune to it).

Just tested this for you, can confirm Falco can do it too.
Yeah It has something to do with this weird little gap right at the edge of Halberd's platform.
You can see it in this video where Ganondorf Suicides through the platform right at the end http://youtu.be/gGieW4LBF48
It's a bit silly though ^^'

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It's all about where the victim's hitboxes pops up after the throw. Ness puts them so low to the ground that he's actually putting them under the stage, and when they pop upwards, they immediately bounce off of the underside, stage spiking them.

It's a cool little exploit, a bit impractical, but it might catch someone off guard one day. Keep this one on the down low guys :lick:

ShinyMag

Smash Rookie
I had a replay of this same thing on the 3DS version of Battlefield back in version 1.0.5 or whatever the last version was that introduced Mewtwo. My friend and I could only make this glitch happen when Falcon DI'ed down though.

Noa.

Smash Master
A list would be useful.

But it seems likely that they can just make it back almost every time if they have decent reaction time.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
A list would be useful.

But it seems likely that they can just make it back almost every time if they have decent reaction time.
Well I've tried to do it but I'm horrible at doing it for some reason so If I learn to do it properly then I will make a list.
I'm pretty bad at learning obvious things or not seeing something obvious that hinders me doing something. Probably stems from my bad listening skills. :(

Last edited:
D

DeleteThisAcct

This no longer works. Must've been patched out. Learned that the hard way at a tournament, took damage and baited the opponent for nothing. I can't reproduce it anymore in Training either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom