• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New MR. G&W main

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
Hello smashers, i've been playing Project M since the early days of 3.0.2 and i actually like game&watch in 3.5 Any things i should practice? I can wavedash and Lcancel properly.

The 9!

Smash Rookie
Practice wavedashing until it becomes your main form of movement. G&W is slow, so utilizing his good wavedash will improve his overall speed. Next, work on spacing with fair and bair because those will be your main approach options. Lastly, work on getting G&W's combo game down because it's the most important part of his game. Practice combos out of throws or combo with up air on a mid-heavy weight character. Basically, your goal is to either set up for a smash attack (which requires more reading than comboing) or set up for a nair kill. Dtilt and sometimes bair and utilt get combos started and keep them going with uair and finally end with nair (or fair if you don't have enough time to pull the chute out). Up-B is a riskier option to combo out of but it's great for getting out of combos in a defensive situation. Also, up throw into nair is good at killing fast fallers at high percents.

That's a very basic overview of the character but I hope it helps!

Top Bottom