• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New minor Tech - Missile Jumping

DJLO

Smash Journeyman

If Luigi does a Green Missile right after jumping, he will gain a good amount of height. This is most effective when used after a Fullhop, but also works for Shorthops and Double Jumps.

This video shows 2 normal jumps and 1 Missile Jump. Note that Luigi can't reach the top platform unless he uses a Missile Jump. Ignore the fireballs, that is just me messing up the Green Missile.

When used from the ledge of Battlefield, it allows him to edge-cancel using the top platform(Not shown because it was hard to record using my phone).

Sorry for the low quality, I only have Smash 4 on 3DS. Is it useful? Maybe for recovery or getting back on stage from the Ledge. This tech reminds me a bit of Rising Aerial and Vududash combined.

---

Reposted from reddit. Thoughts?

Pyr

Smash Lord
It's been in since Brawl. Because the missile kinda stalls his gravity, you can get a lot of height. Fun fact: on stages with solid, liniar walls (think omega pacland or Yoshi's), you can do 3 missiles into the wall, from a ledge drop, and still make it back to the ledge. =D

That said, I think the vertical recovery gained from Jump > Down-B outweighs this for high recoveries. Could be a nice mixup, though.

TriTails

Smash Lord
This may be useful when recovering high, but this one burns your double jump while keeping your recovery path obvious. People can just body block it and who knows if you can make it back to the stage or not.

That said. I do use this a few times, but I think Jump -> Cyclone is superior IMO.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
This may be useful when recovering high, but this one burns your double jump while keeping your recovery path obvious. People can just body block it and who knows if you can make it back to the stage or not.

That said. I do use this a few times, but I think Jump -> Cyclone is superior IMO.
Probably superior, though this method does allow you to edge cancel on the top platform of FD

Top Bottom