• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Method of Farming: Amiibo Gifts

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
So, we already know that when your amiibo is put in a match with another one, they will bring you back a gift. The better they do, the better the gift.

But, what if 8 amiibo fight eachother?

8 gifts.

So, in thought, if you were to put 8 amiibo in battles and let them fight eachother for some rounds, you would get lots of presents!

Just a thought.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Do you actually get more gifts?

I've got two amiibos, so I can try it when I get home.

Doomes

Smash Rookie
Made an account just to reply to this.

I had 8 player free for alls from level 1-50 and then some this morning for around 5 hours. By the end when I went to claim my presents I got around 200~ custom items, 50~ trophies and 25k gold.

Its very very effective.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Made an account just to reply to this.

I had 8 player free for alls from level 1-50 and then some this morning for around 5 hours. By the end when I went to claim my presents I got around 200~ custom items, 50~ trophies and 25k gold.

Its very very effective.
Any hats?

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I wonder if it goes by time or by number of matches. If it's by time, you could in theory just set the game to the longest time/most stock and let them fight it out while you do something else.

EDIT: Actually, I may as well set up an hour match and see what I get.

EDIT 2: I can confirm this is a viable method for farming. After just one 30 minute match, my Amiibos had a rather hefty amount of equipment and a few trophies on them. Now, somebody should check if you can cancel out of a match and have them still receive a reward: if that's possible, you could just set it to an endless time match, go do stuff for a few hours, come back and cancel the match, and gather up your gifts.

Last edited:

Doomes

Smash Rookie
Any hats?
5 or 6 I think.

I wonder if it goes by time or by number of matches. If it's by time, you could in theory just set the game to the longest time/most stock and let them fight it out while you do something else.

EDIT: Actually, I may as well set up an hour match and see what I get.

EDIT 2: I can confirm this is a viable method for farming. After just one 30 minute match, my Amiibos had a rather hefty amount of equipment and a few trophies on them. Now, somebody should check if you can cancel out of a match and have them still receive a reward: if that's possible, you could just set it to an endless time match, go do stuff for a few hours, come back and cancel the match, and gather up your gifts.
What I had been doing was letting them fight from 99 stock to 1, I had to do this a few times because my power flickered (-_-'') After that I began putting the stock on 99, Damage Ratio on 2.0 and letting them have at it. I did this a few times, saving after every match as not to let all their hard work be stupidly erased again. Rinse and repeat for around 5 hours, then I went to collect everything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting. Between this and amiibos giving free daily equipment in Hyrule Warriors it's looking like a pretty sweet deal.

But expensive if you wanna buy 8 to do so. What would be the best 8 to go for?

Link gets unique weapon in HW w/Link getting Mario Kart outfit
Yoshi is proly compatible w/Wooly World and has MK costume
Zelda gets guaranteed good random crap in HW
Mario, Luigi, Peach and Donkey Kong are all MK costumes and are probably in Mario Party
Captain Falcon has best Mii costume.

I think that should do it.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Interesting. Between this and amiibos giving free daily equipment in Hyrule Warriors it's looking like a pretty sweet deal.

But expensive if you wanna buy 8 to do so. What would be the best 8 to go for?

Link gets unique weapon in HW w/Link getting Mario Kart outfit
Yoshi is proly compatible w/Wooly World and has MK costume
Zelda gets guaranteed good random crap in HW
Mario, Luigi, Peach and Donkey Kong are all MK costumes and are probably in Mario Party
Captain Falcon has best Mii costume.

I think that should do it.
Well, the Mii costumes are subjective to your tastes, and I won't be getting Woolly World or MP10.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On that topic does anyone know how amiibos work with Captain Toad? Anyone go the Japanese copy and an Amiibo on hand or will it be patched in later?

P.S. Kirby's Rainbow Curse has some Amiibo functionality as well.

Last edited:

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
How do you claim these? I've fought I've for ages but haven't got anything.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
You have to go to the Amiibo section in the menu (where you first set them up) and scan them in there.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
You have to go to the Amiibo section in the menu (where you first set them up) and scan them in there.
Thank you. I should be getting a lot.

Doomes

Smash Rookie
I have been letting them battle and farm all morning, Ill post a youtube video tonight or tomorrow of me claiming the presents so anyone who is interested can see just how much you get.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Yea I have done 8 player amiibo fights
All at level 50. Here's the issue. The Amiibos play based on fights. So I have noticed specific amiibos behaviors coming from large battles like this. My Donkey Kong Amiibo started doing Down+B consistently in 1v1 after it played a 1 hour amiibo free for alll. I also noticed them rolling much more and shielding. So its a trade off, more loot or more skilled amiibos.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
not bad...!
me i got 3 customs moves in 5min battle :D

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yea I have done 8 player amiibo fights
All at level 50. Here's the issue. The Amiibos play based on fights. So I have noticed specific amiibos behaviors coming from large battles like this. My Donkey Kong Amiibo started doing Down+B consistently in 1v1 after it played a 1 hour amiibo free for alll. I also noticed them rolling much more and shielding. So its a trade off, more loot or more skilled amiibos.
You can always erase the amiibos and re-train them after using them to farm. So, win-win.

Doomes

Smash Rookie
Just totalled all my gifts up:

53 Trophies
165 Custom Items
33401 Gold

the8thark

Smash Lord
Spend well over $100 to let the game play itself. Just as much entertainment as Cookie Clicker :troll:

Seriously though this method really works pretty well. If you have a good number of Amiibo that is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I bought at least 9 Amiibos. I set it up so I'm getting everything on Christmas(including the actual Wii U version), and I am going to love using this method to unlock stuff. The 3DS can be a pain at it sometimes, mind you, but eh. Only sad part is some moves are behind Challenge Panels. This is a great find~

the8thark

Smash Lord
Do you get a set number of gifts per amiibo per match? Or do more KOs and/or longer matches give more gifts per amiibo?

PF9

Smash Lord
What I plan on doing is whenever I'm doing something else like watching TV, I'll have my Pikachu Amiibo fight an endless time match against 3 regular CPU in the background.

If that doesn't work I'll have to think of something else.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
What I plan on doing is whenever I'm doing something else like watching TV, I'll have my Pikachu Amiibo fight an endless time match against 3 regular CPU in the background.

If that doesn't work I'll have to think of something else.
I have all 4 of my amiibo farming while I play on my PC.

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Yes. Anything that can be unlocked through the red custom parts in classic, all star, etc. Can be received as gifts from amiibos.
That's awesome to hear! I'm definetly going to farm all the parts with amiibos!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Will this work if you have a few Amiibos duke it out with a bunch of CPUs? Or will it only work with other Amiibos?

This looks interesting.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Will this work if you have a few Amiibos duke it out with a bunch of CPUs? Or will it only work with other Amiibos?

This looks interesting.
Yes. Amiibos gain gifts from fighting. Whether it is other amiibos,CPUs or players.

veloS

Smash Cadet
Will you get better rewards the higher leveled your Amiibos are?

I want to use my amiibos for this looting method but I haven't trained any of them in the slightest.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
How so? I have it, and I certainly don't feel any more skilled for it.
Pre-DLC, what's considered the best set for standard play was Heavy/Pipeframe/Slicks. The Blue Falcon is a modified Pipeframe, giving up weight (lol) and handling (less lol) for speed. Shouldn't take a brain surgeon to see why the best players switched.

As far as inward drifting bikes go, they simply weren't considered viable until the Master Cycle. Now you see them frequently, being that they have an advantage compared to Blue Falcon/Heavy/Slicks on some courses from my understanding.

Then we have Toonoki Mario and Cat Peach, which give up weight for acceleration compared to their normal counterparts. Meaning there's more viable (using the term loosely) Middleweight and Lightweight sets for those with the DLC.

Let's just hope Dry Bowser doesn't have better stats, or it'll be Funky/Flame runner all over again.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Yeah, as an inward drifting bike user since day 1 of MK8 because I don't want to Fire Hop, the Master Cycle is easily the best: the rest have the same stats, but that one has more speed for almost no sacrifice.

But back on track here, I think they'd have been better served making it number of matches over length as far as gifts go. You could still grind technically, but you'd have to actively keep going through the menu making it less easy to do.

veloS

Smash Cadet
Now, somebody should check if you can cancel out of a match and have them still receive a reward: if that's possible, you could just set it to an endless time match, go do stuff for a few hours, come back and cancel the match, and gather up your gifts.
Anyone? Does anyone know?

Top Bottom