• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Meta Knight Techs ^_^

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
These are something I discovered while trying to come up with new uses for the Dimensional Cape. I've included them in my "Behind the Mask" update today. Enjoy. :)

Dimensional Edgehog, Standard
Simply dash to the edge you want to hog and, with precise distancing, teleport over to it. If you do it just right you will reappear and edgehog. If you do it poorly you will either end up on the stage or falling to your demise. Needless to say, you don't want to use the Sword Slash here.

Dimensional Edgehog, Sliding
A variant of the above. Instead of starting the Dimensional Edgehog from the ground, short hop and immediately teleport. Aim your teleportation downward and toward the edge but so that you land in front of it. The momentum from the Dimensional Cape will slide you over the edge and into edgehog position.

Dimensional Edgehog, Stalling
From edgehog position, simply drop down and use the Dimensional Cape. Aim it up, but return the control stick to a neutral position before reappearing. If you do it correctly, the Dimensional Cape will be shortened and you will reappear back to edgehog position. Good for faking out your recovery, or while edgehogging and wanting to look cool.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
ive tried most aspects of meta knight i havent found anything, ill look for some this weekend if i find anything good ill post it. manily my best impression for MK is
pros:
can combo
is fast
AMAZING AIR PROIORITY
CAN GIMP
CAN SPIKE
if over b hits your oppoient in the air it will follow him like a chase

This is a lazy verison more to be added this weekend

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
if your talking to me np, im trying to get good and invent a lot of meta knight stuff in the beggining to get off to a good start. my best advice is if your oppoient is off stage jsut bash and try to gimpy him bcuz he has amazing air attacks, and amazing recovery

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
if your talking to me np, im trying to get good and invent a lot of meta knight stuff in the beggining to get off to a good start. my best advice is if your oppoient is off stage jsut bash and try to gimpy him bcuz he has amazing air attacks, and amazing recovery

Anyways, T!m's things work out quite well, especially the slide cape.
The stall reminds me of Shiek's in melee except not as good. Still usable.

Thanks for the info T!m :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I will have videos of these up soon. They're already recorded, but I'm going to go to bed since I've been working on guides and videos all day. -.-

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831

i think he was talking to T!mmy. And just saying when ur oppnent is off the edge go attack him isnt much of inventing. Its like saying all you have to do is go kill ur oppnent and win.

and Tim, isnt it faster to just dash off the ledge and turn around? well besides the stalling

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know if it's faster - the Dimensional Cape teleports pretty quickly and then the ending lag which normally cripples the move is eliminated by moving into invincible edge hog frames.

It may be faster, it may be slower, it may be the same amount of time (I'd need AR to check it to the frame). But what I do know is that it's waaaaaay cooler.

You'll see when I have the vids up. ^__^
(I'll include dash to edge hog in the video too now that I think of it).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've come up with a new variation on the Dimensional Stall.

And look forward to a Gliding Tutorial (with videos)! ^_______^

Copperpot

Smash Ace
After looking over this for a bit, something came to mind:

Does this give Metaknight an advantage when edge-hogging during 2v2 matches?

Now, I'm not entirely sure as far as the mechanics for the Dimensional Cape are concerned, but this seems like a neat trick to edge-hog an opponent while simultaneously avoiding attacks on the way to the ledge . . .

pesticide

Smash Lord
so the dimensional stall is kinda like the way that fox and falco could stall in melee? (not sure if it had a name) where they just fell off the edge real fast, did their upB and grabbed back onto the ledge before their upB moved them?

correct me if im wrong

Top Bottom