• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide New Meta Knight kill confirm in Smash 4!

martzfartz

Smash Rookie
martzfartz submitted a new guide:

New Meta Knight kill confirm in Smash 4! - F-tilt 1 to upb

There’s a new kill confirm with Meta Knight.

I’m calling it “The Skippy”, as a tribute to my friend who discovered it.

F-tilt 1 > Up-B is a frame trap that kills lightweights at ~81%,
middles at ~108%, and heavies at ~120% on FD. These were tested with no DI or rage,so it may kill earlier or later in a real match. While it doesn’t true combo, It is a frame trap.

You really can’t escape from what I have tested. If you airdodge, you get landing lag. If you jump,
you still get hit. This...
Read more about this guide...

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Wow. Nice! The only thing is, it kills a bit late even without DI. Maybe it'll be useful as a backup if the opponent gets to very high percents and nothing else seems to be working. Speaking of that, how long does this work? Or does F-tilt always lead into U-air no matter the percent?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
We keep getting a new kill confirm or combo for :4metaknight: every week! Geez, if this keeps going on, and :4sheik::4zss: get nerfed, Meta Knight could potentially become #1..... Potentially though. Not for sure.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
We keep getting a new kill confirm or combo for :4metaknight: every week! Geez, if this keeps going on, and :4sheik::4zss: get nerfed, Meta Knight could potentially become #1..... Potentially though. Not for sure.
But this isn't new, it was discovered a day after the Nair,Ftilt,Jab buff happened. Its just not optimal so you never see it.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
This is annoying. This person posted this a bit further down the forum over a week before they made the guide:

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-meta-knight-kill-confirm-in-smash-4.427016/

We kindly told them this isn't new, and also isn't that great a kill confirm anyway. Yet they post it in a guide format (and make another new thread in the process) still saying it's new and that they discovered it, they're calling it "the Skippy" and so on. Huh?

I mean if you wanna fish for kills with Ftilt 1 then that's fine, let me know how that goes for you vs good players. Truth is it's a mixup at best and can be escaped before 120%+, and has been known for many months. With that in mind, think about why you hardly see it in high or top level sets (yes, MK kills early often, but the point still stands). I am not a fan of misinformation being spread and seeing this get high praise from a fair number of people over both the previous thread and this guide is somewhat worrying.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
This is annoying. This person posted this a bit further down the forum over a week before they made the guide:

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-meta-knight-kill-confirm-in-smash-4.427016/

We kindly told them this isn't new, and also isn't that great a kill confirm anyway. Yet they post it in a guide format (and make another new thread in the process) still saying it's new and that they discovered it, they're calling it "the Skippy" and so on. Huh?

I mean if you wanna fish for kills with Ftilt 1 then that's fine, let me know how that goes for you vs good players. Truth is it's a mixup at best and can be escaped before 120%+, and has been known for many months. With that in mind, think about why you hardly see it in high or top level sets (yes, MK kills early often, but the point still stands). I am not a fan of misinformation being spread and seeing this get high praise from a fair number of people over both the previous thread and this guide is somewhat worrying.
Well, to be fair, it didn't really get high praise. It's just a neat little mixup that may be useful in some random situation one day.

Top Bottom