• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Meta Knight AT - Increased Attack Speed?

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I haven't found anything in the two AT compilation topics that quite describes this. If I've missed it, please point it out to me. Otherwise, I'd like to name this AT. ^_^;

I've just made a quick video with my webcam. Please let me know what you think. It has great application.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkh6z4w3-uw

edit:

How to do this WITHOUT C-STICKING:

Simply do a down tilt, then during the down tilt, perform forward tilt - however instead of pressing forward kind of press "downforward". So the forward tilt is still holding down and is also holding forward (but moreso down than forward). If you need help, please post.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Not sure how he's doing that with a down tilt, I've discovered you can speed up ftilt by setting tilts to c-stick and spamming ftilt with c-stick. The first ftilt combo will be normal speed then the second ftilt will be sped up. While this is pretty neat, it unfortunately has really no use.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I disagree, as I think it's a glitch in how attacks are handled.

Nevertheless, this trick is great at certain percentages and also very good when you connect the down-tilt on an airborne opponent such as someone landing or when you're edgeguarding.

Give it a shot :)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
How do you do this? Is the only way by applying the tilts to the c-stick, beacuse if that's the case, I don't think I can do, I need that for my smash attacks. Plus, it's cool how it can be ungodly fast like that, but the 3 attacks from the ftilt are a combo anyway, so it'll always connect, no matter how slow or how fast.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
If you have to do a down-tilt first which knocks them away I can't really see a use for it... and you need your C-Stick for Dsmash and the like.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO C-STICK. Sorry - wanted to caps that.

Editing first post to contain the how-to. It's very simple.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
just in case you wanted the mechanics behind this;

this can be done with the dtilt, the down b, and a couple of other things.

Certain animations allow you to buffer (eg. hit the button before the attack happens) the 3 fair attacks right away, making them come out almost instantaneously. This can only be done at certain times, and is completely useless.

For starters; if your opponent is at a high enough percentage that all of your fair attacks don't hit in the first place, YOUR DOING SOMETHING WRONG. Also, even if you just wanted to show off, the chances of somehow hitting your opponent with a buffered fair is extremely rare, and i'm not even sure if the attacks are still sped up when they hit someone (due to hitlag).

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
just in case you wanted the mechanics behind this;

this can be done with the dtilt, the down b, and a couple of other things.

Certain animations allow you to buffer (eg. hit the button before the attack happens) the 3 fair attacks right away, making them come out almost instantaneously. This can only be done at certain times, and is completely useless.

For starters; if your opponent is at a high enough percentage that all of your fair attacks don't hit in the first place, YOUR DOING SOMETHING WRONG. Also, even if you just wanted to show off, the chances of somehow hitting your opponent with a buffered fair is extremely rare, and i'm not even sure if the attacks are still sped up when they hit someone (due to hitlag).
I'm very aware of the true mechanics behind this, mostly because of my experience in reverse engineering. I'd rather not get into a techy discussion right now, however.

This is nothing epic, but it definately has it's uses and shouldn't be considered useless. I'll get around to making a video soon to show what I mean to backup my point.

Lastly, yes the attack is sped up on hit and we're talking about ftilt not fair.

Doval

Smash Lord
This is just buffering, and the attack isn't sped up - not that it matters, since the f-tilt connects all 3 hits easily anyways.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
This is just buffering, and the attack isn't sped up - not that it matters, since the f-tilt connects all 3 hits easily anyways.
The attack isn't sped up? ... ?

I'll release a video soon showing the use of this. It's severely needed.

Doval

Smash Lord
I couldn't get the f-tilts to go faster in any way. Or are you talking about the transition from d-tilt to f-tilt? Even then, it's still just buffering.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't get the f-tilts to go faster in any way. Or are you talking about the transition from d-tilt to f-tilt? Even then, it's still just buffering.
No, my friend. I'm not talking about buffering. Watch the video closely.

The speed of ftilt itself (and it's 3 attacks) are quicker all together - it's not that it 'starts' sooner after the dtilt. Does that make sense?

Ace55

Smash Lord
Dude! No tricks to make MK faster allowed! He's already the fastest character ever (by far in terms of attacking). If you make him any faster, we won't even be able to see him.

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
I agree with Holy Force, this is something that shouldn't be descarded right away as "useless". Usually, discoveries such as these tend to lead to other perhaps more important discoveries, and even if it doesn't, we are in a point were Brawl is (IMO) somehow knew, so any glich/AT, etc... shouldn't be ignored (besides it COULD be usefull...somehow).

Shears

Smash Master
so i just tried it, i was bored and didnt have anything to do and so i decided to check this thread out and see what HolyForce thinks he knows. anyway, its incredibly fast. im not talking like a little faster or "buffed" its insanely fast. at 1/4 speed its still fast. i havent used it in a match, just in training and theres no lag at all. im not talking like the glide attack to dsmash where its virtually no lag. it seems as if its an attack per frame. will it be a game changing technique giving you a stock advantage? probably not, but it should definately be able to stop opponents from sneaking in between dtilts and get hit by three unexpected ftilts while they blinked. i think its useful, but not critical. not an AT but a small surprise (so far...).

anyway, good job HolyForce, theres been alot of bogus threads on crap that everyone knew about in the first week of the game but some noob finally figured it out 2 months later. this, however, is actually a reasonable discovery. im not gonna explode here and be like "this is the greatest find ever! i just three stocked my friend using it!!" because thats not true and im not a noob, just thought you would like to here a compliment and have someone backing you up.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Shears. I appreciate it and agree with you wholeheartedly.

I will still get around to taking a video of suggested uses, however. I think a few people here might have their eyes opened a bit.

Top Bottom