• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mario vids - JuiceX

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You got a pretty nice Mario for someone who isn't a Mario main. Not a lot of non-Mario mains know about the cape glide.

I dunno if you wanted critique or anything, so I'll refrain from that, but just some comments.

I noticed Shiek was getting plenty of KOs just from egdehogging. To refrain from being screwed over like that, just capestall one or twice and the invincibility frames will run out.

At video 1: I am SO glad about your final KO. I thought I was the only one who did the fireball to F-air KO.

EDIT: Oh, and the music in Video 3 was annoying. =|

iMichael

Smash Lord
I am a Mario main lol...I've been playing Mario since Melee days. Just thought I'd show more vids of my Brawl Mario. LOL. Yeah he did edgehog against me a lot and if you wanted to critique it...go ahead. My bad on the music in video 3 lol.

Matt07

Smash Master
Oo, nice finish on the first match. I will have to watch the rest later, as Youtube is being ridiculously slow at the moment.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I am a Mario main lol...I've been playing Mario since Melee days.
*feels silly and goes to rewatch vids for a proper critique.*

EDIT: Alright, after watching them twice in a row, I'm prepared now.

You have a good defensive game with Mario, and I generally play the same way when my opponents are way too aggressive for their own good, which is generally what I saw in each video.

That being said, you should incorporate your jabs and F-tilt more for punishing, they're good to follow up on for some minor offensive game when playing defensive. Also, it stops you from spamming D-smash for a punisher to keep it fresh. I noticed you used D-smash way too much.

You never used Up-Smash when Shiek was at high percentage. Up-Smash potientially kills at 120%, especially when there is a low ceiling. Try to add it onto your kill list. It works wonders for me when D-smash and F-smash isn't working well.

Lastly, I noticed you -never- used FLUDD throughout all three videos, even though you didn't need it. On such an aggressive player, Approach-killing would've opened up some options for you.

Well, that's all I got.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice...I'll add the up-Smash in there. I didn't know it killed her at 120 lol...that's ****. Vato we'll play soon...next big tourney I guess.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
You could of tried to abuse your Ftilt and cape stall but other than that your Mario is great.

Top Bottom