• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mario & Some Ideas

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Alright, I've recently picked up Mario as my main after finding that he's the perfect fit for my playing style. I can deal with learning the basics myself, but there's something I've noticed that might deter other newcomers and possibly stunt the growth of Mario's meta-game.

No matter what way you look at it, there's very little organization here. Instead of having to search for threads yourself, wouldn't it be a better idea to create a directory topic? If we could manage to get it stickied, it'd help newcomers considerably. Then we could work on the fundamentals that are missing, such as proper Mario guides etc.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think the main problem is none of us has gotten a Game guide to Mario stickied on this forum.

Yeah, I was like working on one, but I got lazy, and I'm not going to post a game guide that results from laziness. <<

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario boards get no love XD

Nobody has really attempted a guide or anything aside from A2ZOMG. You volunteer Seven? Yes? Yay!

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
I think the main problem is none of us has gotten a Game guide to Mario stickied on this forum.

Yeah, I was like working on one, but I got lazy, and I'm not going to post a game guide that results from laziness. <<
Haha, I think a lot of us have that problem. We could probably make a request topic for people's ideas on a guide. Stuff is a lot easier to write if there's a skeleton of it.

Mario boards get no love XD

Nobody has really attempted a guide or anything aside from A2ZOMG. You volunteer Seven? No? Kay!
If I had the knowledge to make one, it'd be at the top of the forum and Mario would become the new Snake. Unfortunately, I'm not very intimate with Mario >.>

I'm hoping to spur some more activity though. At the rate the meta-game seems to be developing, it won't just be a flesh wound on the competitive scene x.o;

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I think the problem is that all our Mario masters here are either too lazy or too busy to make a guide. I've seen some decent attempts but they're never consistantly updated and usually die. I'd make something but seriously that takes a butt load of work and organization. You need someone really dedicated and then force some of the pros to give their input.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
The problem isn't laziness...the problem is lack of Mod activity...The Mods on these boards are either the Mods for all the boards/ not as active as other members/ don't play Mario so therefor don't care. I've been trying my hardest to keep things under control, but there is only so much typing in capital letters will do

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Change the colors. That'll get the message across.
What ever happened to the gimp list? That seemed to be a good idea to me. Shall I go and perform some thread necromancy?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Where is ??????? when you need him, and why did Eggz have to switch to Metaknight on us?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I guess people just overhyped about him using Mario then, but does ??????? main Mario?

Eggz

Smash Hero
I still use mario in tournament lol i just don't see why people jock my mario when the only vids i have are from like the first week i played brawl

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
That's good to hear, too bad you don't main Mario but it's good to hear from you nevertheless. Hey, we good make a new thread about your Mario impressions Eggz, if that's alright. IDK I've just been having a lot of fun with Mario, he's just too good to put in the lower part of the tier list. He's definetly no CF , that's for sure.

nasir123

Smash Ace
use up tillt or up smash at the begining to juggle, up air is an amazing tech chase, SH B AIR FF is marios main move for me and also try to stay in the air mostly because that is where marioo shines alot

Top Bottom