• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Lucas String

PoisonHealth

Smash Rookie
NNID
IcyBlueShell
3DS FC
2691-1942-7267

Here ya guys go! I have tested it in training mode and it is indeed a true combo. (Or at least it is registered as one.)

[NOTE]
I had to use a CPU due to my 3DS not working with the hotel WiFi I was in.

[HOW IT WORKS]
When frozen, the time you escape is shortened when you take damage and frantically mash buttons and swirl the control stick. Your opponent is more than likely going to attempt to escape, which helps set up for the kill. When you are repeatedly hitting your opponent with PK Thunder 2, you are weakening the ice, and eventually you will break it and still be hitting your opponent until the final hitbox breaks out and KOs.

[HOW TO USE]
First off, this is a situational combo that should not be your main option for a KO. Your opponent needs to be at around 50-100% (Weight/Rage dependant) BEFORE THE PK FREEZE. If your opponent has too little damage, he/she can escape faster and punish. If there is too much damage, the ice won't break before PK Thunder 2's last hitbox comes out.

On stages with shorter ceilings, aim your PK Thunder 2 as close to as a 90° angle towards your opponent, and use this anywhere on the stage.

On stages with higher ceilings, use this towards the left and right blast zones, and aim high enough so you can recover.

[IMPORTANT]

1. It is IMPERATIVE that you read your opponent's stun-escaping speed so that you can determine where and when you need to use PK Thunder 2.

2. You also must know where your opponent will jump when the ice breaks. If your opponent jumps away and escapes PK Thunder 2, you can get punished.

3. If your opponent air dodges often, you can read an air dodge out of ice-break if you use PK Thunder 2 a bit too late. Very situational.
========================================

Try this combo out and see how it works for you! =]

Last edited:

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Not new and has been up on the forums at several different occasions allready. Aand you can actually get out of PK Freeze before the PKT hits if you spam quick enough. Sorry to burst your bubble mang.

PoisonHealth

Smash Rookie
NNID
IcyBlueShell
3DS FC
2691-1942-7267
Not new and has been up on the forums at several different occasions allready. Aand you can actually get out of PK Freeze before the PKT hits if you spam quick enough. Sorry to burst your bubble mang.

That's why it works at different percents. Like I said in the description, it's important to know how fast your opponent can escape before you try it. And again, like Is said in the description, it is a situational option. While it is a true combo, it isn't going to work all the time.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
When he means it isn't gonna work all the the time, he's talking about it not working at certain percents. Not the success rate of the combo.
It's not a "TRUE" "COMBO" if it's not guaranteed to hit. It's a situational hit string that requires your opponent to be bad at mashing while within a certain percentile.

Shooting a fireball from one side of the stage and throwing out a level 1 super in street fighter / marvel doesn't make the actions you performed a true combo because it doesn't work if you shot it from up close.

Last edited:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
It's not a "TRUE" "COMBO" if it's not guaranteed to hit. It's a situational hit string that requires your opponent to be bad at mashing while within a certain percentile.
Welllllll if you CAN mash out of it, then i suppose it isn't a true combo then. It's just i wasn't entirely sure if you can mash out of it.

PoisonHealth

Smash Rookie
NNID
IcyBlueShell
3DS FC
2691-1942-7267
I'll have the name of the thread changed. =]

However, I am not sure if anyone is capable of matching the input speed of a LvL. 9 CPU.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
I'll have the name of the thread changed. =]

However, I am not sure if anyone is capable of matching the input speed of a LvL. 9 CPU.
Actually Im quite content basicly anyone can surpass the speed a lvl 9 cput breaks out of entrapment. Maybe your opponents have had Pro controllers or the gamepad which makes SDI /Smash DI harder than on gamecube controllers (due to the notches by the sticks).

Last edited:
Top Bottom