• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New lucario main, things I should know?

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I've been toying around with many characters in smash 4 and I think I've decided to main lucario. I have a few simple questions someone could answers for me. :4lucario:

What playstyle works best for lucario?
Is he a more defensive kind of character or is he more rush down and offense?

Good lucarios to watch?
I'm not sure who to watch, or who are the big lucario mains to know about and learn from?

How do I cancel aura sphere?
•What are good setups w/ aura sphere?

Good and bad matchups for Lucario?

Good and Bad stages for Lucario?

What is Air walking?

Any other tech I should know about?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Okay so I've been toying around with many characters in smash 4 and I think I've decided to main lucario. I have a few simple questions someone could answers for me. :4lucario:

What playstyle works best for lucario?
Is he a more defensive kind of character or is he more rush down and offense?

Good lucarios to watch?
I'm not sure who to watch, or who are the big lucario mains to know about and learn from?

How do I cancel aura sphere?
•What are good setups w/ aura sphere?

Good and bad matchups for Lucario?

Good and Bad stages for Lucario?

What is Air walking?

Any other tech I should know about?
Welcome to Aura Dog board. That fox is super adorable in your signature, is that yours?

I'd watch Steam, Loota, Day, Croi, sunnysunny, Eeveecario and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

To cancel Aura Sphere hit shield, then you can do whatever input you want out of shield. Jump canceled USmash (hold up, jump, then Attack button), BAir at higher percents, once in awhile FAir and UAir can work, quite situational though.

Bad matchups? Um, they keep on changing Aura Dog, so our MUs are kinda still up in the air. In my opinion Fox, Mario, and Sheik are probably the hardest ones. Lucario typically does well against the low tiers and anyone who struggles to kill past 120% who isn't named Sheik.

Typically I'd avoid Halberd, Siege, and Delfino. It really depends on the matchup and both players' playstyles.

Air Walk is jumping DAir out of hitsun. This used to work out of shieldstun (prior to the shieldstun patch and in Brawl), but no longer works. Feel free to ask any other questions or even hang out with us in the Lucario Discord chat.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Challenging matchups = Mario, Villager, ZSS, Rosalina, Ness, Rob.

Jcsaenz1

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4210-4404-7146
You'll do much better against sheiks than you would expect. The aura really takes advantage of low kill power from the opponent.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
ROB is a hard mu for Lucario? I must be playing it wrong then
Maybe not. I used to struggle with it a bit due to rob's great interrupts and aerial mobility, but I guess his big body is pretty easy to punish with aura sphere and grabs.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
I like to grab the gyro and and play keep away with it for a decent amount of time, Lucario can do pretty well camping without pressing A, just to make them more scared to toss it out. This mindgame helps me a lot in the mu.

Top Bottom