• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link Bomb AT? ~ Reverse Bomb Landing Toss

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I was just messing around in training mode and discovered something completely by accident. When you land with a bomb in hand and tap your c-stick in the opposite direction your facing and immediately tap the control stick forward (almost simultaneously, as you would a glide toss, only with more strict timing), Link does a throw animation forward, but it is canceled (almost too quickly to see) and Link does a throw animation in the opposite direction. When the animation concludes, Link idles facing his original direction and the bomb is tossed behind him. Oddly enough, Link grunts twice and the bomb flies a much shorter distance than usual.

Also, if your opponent is close enough in front of you, the bomb can actually hit them before Link tosses it back.

Could this be a known tech, or did I discover something completely new? It seems somehow related to the bomb slide, though there are differences in how it behaves in some aspects. There also may be a chance that Link isn't the only character capable of this tech, but I haven't attempted it with other characters yet. It needs more testing. If it does happen to be a new tech, I would prefer it to be called the Deity Toss. I mean, I discovered it after all. :p

Last edited:

J3f

Smash Cadet
Bombs in 3.5 seem to be all sorts of glitchy. Others are complaining about Bombs just dropping instead of being thrown when throwing a bomb out of a turn around.

I've never seen Link do this in an earlier version of Project M.

I'm not sure how useful this would really be though. Might be useful for hitting Squirtle and other small characters.

Can Link go immediately into another move? It might be useful to put shield pressure on your opponent if you can combo it into a Reverse Aerial Rush.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Bombs in 3.5 seem to be all sorts of glitchy. Others are complaining about Bombs just dropping instead of being thrown when throwing a bomb out of a turn around.

I've never seen Link do this in an earlier version of Project M.

I'm not sure how useful this would really be though. Might be useful for hitting Squirtle and other small characters.

Can Link go immediately into another move? It might be useful to put shield pressure on your opponent if you can combo it into a Reverse Aerial Rush.
Yes he can. What Link basically does here is have the bomb active in front of him for about a frame, toss it back, and go back into his original idling position. If the bomb hits someone while it's still in front of Link, he still does the toss-back animation, however confirms are certainly possible. Link seems to go back to idle as soon as the IASA frames begin as well.

Top Bottom