• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New laser lock info.

wangston

Smash Lord
So by now falco user should know about the laser lock and how to catch someone in it. If the opponent miss a tech and you hit them with the laser as they bounce up. There is also another way to catch people on the laser lock if you already don't know. If a character miss a tech and then lays on the ground you can get them in the laser lock. I'm mean after they have already bounced and they are just laying there. Some opponents like to lay on the ground so they can wait for you to run up to them and they get up and use the get up attack and have invincibility frames, which is why they would lay on the ground for an extended period of time. Not every character can be hit with the laser while laying down. The following characters can all be laser locked while laying on the ground

DK
Game and Watch
Ivysoar
Charizard
Kirby
Meta Knight
DeDeDe
Bowser
Wario
R.O.B.
Jiggly Puff
Olimar(must be shot twice his first shot makes a spark)

Squirtel can only be locked if his stomach is down, and even when you do hit him you must do it twice be cause the first shot just makes a spark on his shell.

Yoshi can only be locked while facing down.

I didn't try everyones facing down because I didn't know an easy way to make the opponent face down until I was 3/4 the way through the characters. The best way to make them face down is to d-air them into the ground. I'm almost certain that the first 12 can be locked facing up and down because they are so tall when laying down. Some one might want to go on and try locking upsidedown just to make sure it works.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I started to notice too that you could laser lock some characters while they were laying on the ground. I never did test though to see which characters you could do it on. Anyways, thanks! Now I now what characters to shoot while they are laying on the ground.

wangston

Smash Lord
I have also laser locked a friend across the new Yoshi Story/island stage. So you don't need a flat surface you just have to hit them before they touch the ground.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes, I notices that when i made the laser-lock test, but anyway that's very interesting (but not so useful in 1vs1... :/).

Otherwise, I noticed that every character can be laser-locked, except :

Blad01 said:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Pikachu
(Here)

But maybe they can be locked in a certian position ?

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
I don't have my game with me to test it,
But today at my friends house we were doing falco dittos, and he got me in a laser lock when i was on the floor...
He didn't even know about it, either :o

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
I hate to be the first to ask this, but I'm new to the forums and some of these advanced techniques are foreign to me; but what exactly is a laser lock?

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
Ah ok, I get it now. Though as some of the comments say, it is fairly easy to avoid unless you're a n00b who allows themself to hit the ground like that.

Top Bottom