• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Hi there, i've been trolling the forums here a while and seeing what kirby is all about for the last couple days and have started playing kirby, i usually play MK but kirby is alot more fun, so if anyone has any tips i sure would love them

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
its the model i based my playing on, thank you gonzo, any tips specificly on an olimar....?
COPY HIS ABILITY one of Kirby's best copies. Olimar is fast and has good range, so attacking diagonally is a smart idea. What i mean by diagonal is this \ not from in front --> or above|

does that make sense??? Plus just gimp the **** out of the edge and be aggressive after u kick him off

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
really? i thought his ability was really crappy, thanks i'll definatley try it, i play with a REALLY good olimar so hopefully that will help me out

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I like playing against Olimar just for the copy, Seriosuly spam the **** out of that move cuz it forces Olimar into the air to approach in which case Kirby dominates Olimar as long as u time ur aerial correctly or u could let him try and hit u and just counter it with a grab or spot dodge

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
ok, also, what do you think of an olly/kirby doubles team? we are expirementing with it and its quite fun

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
ok, also, what do you think of an olly/kirby doubles team? we are expirementing with it and its quite fun
I haven't tried that team up, In my experience Olimar is easily gimped and recovery is important in teams. My partner is a Snake player so not all is it possible for him to recover from almost anywhere we both moves that can save each other. I'm not sure if Olimar has anything to help Kirby out or if Olimar is even capable enough to jump off the edge and help Kirby out.

Thats my opinion on that team up, I haven't seem much Olimar in tourney though just cuz its so easy to gimp him people stopped playing him competitively in this area.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
wow, olimar's power is too good, i don't have a useful tip against olimar, but remember to do the edgehog, the olimar recuperation sucks.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
well the olimar in question is shrink, if you watch any of his videos he does go off the edge alot,.... in teams if he is in trouble i've went off with kirby or mk to let him toadstoool back and i too can make it back effectively

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
One of the easiest ways to beat Olimar is to just knock him far enough off the stage. Then he's just an edgehog away from a KO.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
wow, olimar's power is too good, i don't have a useful tip against olimar, but remember to do the edgehog, the olimar recuperation sucks.
Lol well ****, his Olimar is pretty good, if he's comfortable off the edge then i dont c a problem, plus u can copy ur partner's ability and spam the he11 out of it. : )

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
You can help Olimar by hopping off the edge inhaling and copying so that he will pop out upwards and get his jump back.

Also just concentrate at getting olimar off and below the stage so that you can edgehog him. But yea I haven't played any great olimar players yet so the matchup seems easy to me so far lol. Just don't get hit by his upsmash and try to keep him in the air.

Edit: You have like some of the best metaknight vids =P give us extra tips on how to beat metaknight!!! haha
And yea goodluck with kirby =)

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
to beat MK with kirby is really hard, connecting with a fsmash or hammer at 80% or so will be a sure KO if you save them as a KO move

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
to beat MK with kirby is really hard, connecting with a fsmash or hammer at 80% or so will be a sure KO if you save them as a KO move
I wouldnt say really hard but it def is difficult, Kirby some moves that out prioritize MK and Outrange MK, plus if u become a grab ***** when u play MK u can build damage real easy

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
ya mk can be killed at low %,, so saving an fsmash will do wonders after a gonzo combo and a few random hits

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
ya mk can be killed at low %,, so saving an fsmash will do wonders after a gonzo combo and a few random hits
I prefer to use Fsmash for damage against meta though because it outprioritizes a lot of metas moves including the tornado lol. Hammer and upsmash work just as well for kills.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I wouldnt say really hard but it def is difficult, Kirby some moves that out prioritize MK and Outrange MK, plus if u become a grab ***** when u play MK u can build damage real easy
lol man what do you do when MK becomes a turtling grabber? His running grab has insane range and damage. I can see it now, MK vs kirby only grabs used until 80% and then they spam their kill moves. :laugh:

Krii

Smash Journeyman
holy **** you have no idea how much kirby owns olimar. Alot of kirby's moves hit toward the side so just putting omilar off the edge where he would NEED to use his up B gimps him tremendously. Just Hug or edge hog and poof he's gone. I played a olimar that was a fourth place holder in a tourney here in NC, and i whooped his first 2 stocks in 30 seconds. Afterwords he said "Clearly olimar puts me at a disadvantage" XD it made me laugh because i was always so intimdated by olimar due to his rep.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol man what do you do when MK becomes a turtling grabber? His running grab has insane range and damage. I can see it now, MK vs kirby only grabs used until 80% and then they spam their kill moves. :laugh:
Kirbys inhale>MKs running grab

chingy

Smash Apprentice
olimar is easy to KO knock him off of stage and get him far away and edgehog thats it =)

Top Bottom