• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jab Variation.

Esca

Smash Champion
So I was playing with some friends the other day at a fest that I had, and I was just playing and randomly did a weird combo.

Jab>Jab>Jab cancel>Utilt.

It's pretty self-explanatory, and really only works if your opponent is a little more inside you. If done correctly, this does 21%.

Snake, here we come?

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Bah. I haven't had a single player DI into my jab close enough to hit with u-tilt XD

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Well, this might work ^^.
Even though your oponent didn't DI but this can be seen as situational.
If you mind game them with jab>jab>pivot grab first your little asskicking combo might work really well.

One adendo, your combo goes to 21% but it's a setups for a hell of a lot of things so you should put every situation that you know :)
Good work.

Sudai

Stuff here
Even if Jab > Jab > Jab > UTilt is situational, it's another boxing variation which is always welcome.

Esca for president of my pants. :x

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Yes, this does work very well, though I usually find the grab combo to be a better option. This is always good, though because D-tilt is one of Pit's best set-up moves, especially when they are spiked. This is most useful on fatties, so you can follow up with N-air or U-air.

Esca

Smash Champion
Well dair from jab is actually a worse set-up than utilt.

Utilt sends the opponent upward.

Dtilt sends them upward AND in front of you.

after you utilt from the jab, you can uair or even bair if you wait the airdodge out. Follow di, and punish accordingly.

Pokkit

Smash Cadet
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere (I looked in the ultimate pit guide thread), but how do you jab cancel? Is it simply just not pressing neutral A for the 3rd hit and instead pressing Up+A for the Utilt?

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Jab Cancels are good combo's to use on any characters, test there DI a bit nd usualy they don't DI out of them. Also, Pit's AAA Combo is good to use as a mindgame too, its got a "wide range" and you can out space them if they do DI out of it, they come back in and you're stil doing da AAA, a bit of pit's sword tip has hitboxes behind as wel, dey'll run into dem, get jabed nd u can RAR

Top Bottom