• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know after biff was fully voiced in the directs it was a little disappointing that he wasn't in game

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
you know after biff was fully voiced in the directs it was a little disappointing that he wasn't in game
I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be a DLC fighter. I fully expected him and Max Brass (before he was fully revealed) to be DLC/secret fighters prior to launch.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And that's not all. Apparently, ARMS' launch sales sold MORE than SFV AND Tekken 7 COMBINED.
Given how bad SFV did, you could have said more than Tekken 7 and I'd still be impressed.

Wow, Nintendo's marketing's hit it out the park this time. Let's see if it has LEGS too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Given how bad SFV did, you could have said more than Tekken 7 and I'd still be impressed.

Wow, Nintendo's marketing's hit it out the park this time. Let's see if it has LEGS too.
How can one make a game all about LEGS?

In fact, I would rather wait and see if that will be a real spinoff before we get an ARMS sequel.

I still need the game.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Does anybody else think that Nintendo's policies regarding children could harm Twintelle's chances? I believe that Bayonetta was only included thanks to both the Ballot and the fact that she wears enough clothes to go out; on the other hand, I would like to remind everyone that a Tharja trophy got cut because of her outfit being too revealing... so what of Twintelle's blatantly oversized assets?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Does anybody else think that Nintendo's policies regarding children could harm Twintelle's chances? I believe that Bayonetta was only included thanks to both the Ballot and the fact that she wears enough clothes to go out; on the other hand, I would like to remind everyone that a Tharja trophy got cut because of her outfit being too revealing... so what of Twintelle's blatantly oversized assets?
Even if Twintelle had any shot at being in Smash, the most likely are, imo, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl.

They were the first character announced, the ones on the game's cover, catridge and even title screen.

It's pretty obvious Nintendo is establishing them as the mascots of that game.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Yeah but somebody in the speculation thread brought up the fact that both Pikachu and (for instance, a non-Smash character known as) Morrigan from Darkstalkers weren't intended to be the mascots of their series either so... this might as well be the case this time depending on fan reception.

no.

twintelle diesbt have great chances as is, but there is bothibg particularly gratuitous about twintelle's design, especially when compared to bayo

Luminario

Smash Lord
ZSS got in with her overly sexualised design, so Twintelle should be fine. She's not got anything that would alarm the ratings people anyway and if she did her design can easily be altered.

tbh Twintelle really feels like the best fit for Smash. She's got actual hands for item holding that won't interfere with her hair mechanics and her time slow/float gimmick could have a variety of uses in Smash. From first looks of her rise to popularity shes really going down the Morrigan route. I'll forever stan for Ribbon Girl but Twintelle's really the best Smash fit.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
:4zss:. That is all.

Yeah but somebody in the speculation thread brought up the fact that both Pikachu and (for instance, a non-Smash character known as) Morrigan from Darkstalkers weren't intended to be the mascots of their series either so... this might as well be the case this time depending on fan reception.
That somebody was me.

Honestly speaking, I really don't think having Spring Man as the default ARMS character is given, unlike many people.

The thing about games with multiple playable characters such as fighting games is that whoever is meant to the protagonist initially and who becomes the face of the franchise and thus the first choice for crossovers isn't one and the same, usually due to the fact that one particular character that wasn't initially important becomes something of a Breakout Character.

An non-fighting game example of this would be Pikachu, who was initially just another Pokemon in the original games, but got more prominence because of how popular he was and thus became the face of Pokemon. Another, more comparable example would be Morrigan, who wasn't originally the main character, but due to her popularity stole the spotlight and became the face of her franchise, and thus is the Darkstalkers character with the most crossover appearances.

Frankly, the only way I could see Spring Man as the absolute shoo-in Arms character is if the roster for a new Smash game was finalised at least pretty early this year seeing as the popularity of ARMS characters couldn't have been measured and they just went for him because he the "main guy". Because frankly, given how overshadowed he is by other characters in terms of popularity, I suspect he will be de-emphasized in terms of marketing in the future and thus no longer the face of Arms.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What are you talking about? Smash is full of big butts and we cannot lie.

I suspect Thajira'sproblem was her half-see-through outfit.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yeah but it wasn't smash that made pikachu the pokemon mascot it was the anime

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
oh no curves, being fully clothed isn't enough, someone call Sony to protect the children

Freduardo

Smash Champion
yeah but it wasn't smash that made pikachu the pokemon mascot it was the anime
So what you're saying is ARMs needs an anime.

Yes. Yes I want this now. Barq will literally be the most adorable thing ever.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ninjas, Pop Idols, Teen Girl in Mechas, if it wasn't for the big nose on Spring Man he'd be as anime a protagonist as you could get.

This game has all the elements in place for a Tournament anime. I'm imagining the opening where Spring Man is alseep in bed, the alarm goes off and while trying to snooze it he overshoots and smashes a window.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
yeah but it wasn't smash that made pikachu the Pokemon mascot it was the anime
So, you're saying ARMS needs an anime? Obviously, the series being a Tournament anime is a bit of a given, with slice-of-life stuff in between. I wonder who'd be the VAs. Heck, who'd even dub it?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
remember when we brought up the ida of biff being a fighter? well ive seen an arms wiki point out that he has the spiral irises and arms to could be coiled up so they may have set him up to be a potential character

also how bout a sweeties (or candy for everyone else) themed characters with like liquorice arms or strawberry cables

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I know that Yabuki denied his inclusion and that this is a very long stretch, but I'd love to see Oda ask ARMS' developers to add Luffy into the game like Kojima asked Sakurai to include Snake in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Who's popular for crossover fighters?

So far I've seen

Monkey D. Luffy
Dhalsim
And
Lanky Kong.

Any others?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Who's popular for crossover fighters?

So far I've seen

Monkey D. Luffy
Dhalsim
And
Lanky Kong.

Any others?
I've also seen:

Stretch Armstrong
Some version of Little Mac
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Link with twin hookshots

And I'll be honest, I could easily see a masked Mario... or even a masked Luigi (Mr. L) with chain chomp, fire flowers, and some e gadd styled arms.

Or Geno, he also shot his fists off.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Honestly, if you asked me a few months ago, I would of said no but the idea is growing on me. Still banking on an assist trophy or just a regular collectible trophy.

And can also see both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl featured with the later as a costume.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If we're trying to get Mac, why not have him be a zone breaker sort of character? No stretchy arms, no range, just himself, but he's much faster than any of the other fighters, gets his charge quicker, and can do his up b in Smash so he can deal with air fighters.

Top Bottom