• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ideas (These characters are Shoeinns for brawl)

Cross my fingers and hope that people will read this...it's my very first post.

Anyways.....I've seen a lot of unsureness and ideas for these new characters for Brawl, and I think a lot of people will be dissapointed for there characters are really unlikely to get into brawl. HOWEVER: I have come up with several characters that I don't believe many people have taken much thought of. Here's my list for characters I will bet you will see this summer in brawl:

1. Bowser Jr. / Baby Bowser
2. Daisy (With this character being in mario kart, mario tennis, practically mario anything it's really hard thinking that nintendo will skip this orange version of peach.)
3. Waluigi (With the well waited Wario showing up to brawl Waluigi has waited long enough. As with Mario there will be Luigi, As with Wario there will be Waluigi.)
4. Zant (With the popular release of Twilight there's extremely high chance of pro/antagonists of Twilight to be in the new Smash series.)
5. Midna (Same with Zant)
6. Lucario (There's a thread on this showing a japanese video trailer of this)
7. Mew (Mew....Mewtwo....Original, Creative, Fun, Just what Nintedo's Looking for. Possibly the New Replacement For Mew2.)
8. King DeDeDe (Metaknight's in brawl So here's his follow up)

Just for the heck of it I'm going to have a list of characters I really doubt will be in it. (and I will give reasons to support)

1. Captain Olimar (With Rumors of Pikmin 3 on it's way Nintendo Will be just as busy with that as well. Captain Olimar is ever popular, but his attacks just might not fit into the control scheme, putting pikmin in the mix might be too complicated)
2. Sonic (Nintendo Tries Ever so hard for this blue animal to get into Brawl, but there's a great chance he will be a no show because of complications/conflicts with nintendo and sega)
3. Tails
4. Nights
5. Any other Sonic related character
6. Raichu (I just don't think Nintedo will go this far...)
7. Viewtful Joe ( Umm.....No, Even if Joe is a fighting, hard core warrior nintendo is aiming for Popularity as well as creativity...Sorry Joe)
8. Shy Guy (I was kind of hoping for this guy, but when I saw that they used him in a background of the mario kart battle field I knew he would be a no show (AGAIN))
9. Ridley (I know many want this, but Ridley would fit into event matches/ battle field backgrounds wrather than a playable character..)
10. Metroid (Same with Ridley)

There's my list. Any Comments are appreciated and if you have any thoughts or new ideas you think would suit brawl don't be shy and tell us. BUT PLEASE for the sake of my eyes not wanting to read too much crap in a day don't go into detail about the entire control scheme of a characters attacks...We'll find out this summer...you can wait.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Well, aside from the obvious point that Brawl isn't likely coming out in the Summer...

Other than Yoshi, no character is a "shoe in."

Well, aside from the obvious point that Brawl isn't likely coming out in the Summer...

Other than Yoshi, no character is a "shoe in."
First off...Yes Brawl is coming out THIS SUMMER. I know the release date says Q2007, but the game is coming out THIS SUMMER. Secondly, what I mean by 'Shoe-in' is that the characters have extremely high Nintendo Favor (a good chance if you will) of getting into Brawl.

More Feed back and comments please!

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
First off...Yes Brawl is coming out THIS SUMMER. I know the release date says Q2007, but the game is coming out THIS SUMMER. Secondly, what I mean by 'Shoe-in' is that the characters have extremely high Nintendo Favor (a good chance if you will) of getting into Brawl.

More Feed back and comments please!
It's not coming out in the Summer. The only date attatched to the game is TBA 2007. In fact, Nintendo has already shown their entirety of their Q2 2007 release list and, low and behold, Brawl is absolutely nowhere to be found on it!

And your use of the phrase "shoe in" is incorrect. A "shoe in" is a character that is getting in for sure.

It's not coming out in the Summer. The only date attatched to the game is TBA 2007. In fact, Nintendo has already shown their entirety of their Q2 2007 release list and, low and behold, Brawl is absolutely nowhere to be found on it!

And your use of the phrase "shoe in" is incorrect. A "shoe in" is a character that is getting in for sure.
I'd love to argue about this intil the end of time, but if what you say is true then why would they say it's coming out in 2007? If you go and look at a few interviews of Designers you will see that they say, and I quote "We will be shipping Brawl sometime around late summer". I've heard this a on a video a few weeks ago, I don't remeber exactly which one so don't ask. Just go out and look.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
You entirely just made that up. Unless you come up with a magical video on Brawl conducted with people actually making the game where they say they're shipping it in the summer, you're lying through your teeth.

God It's so hard to ignore you.....Lying through your teeth? We're typing not talking. God this thread is suppose to be about my original post so please don't get off topic. I'm not one to go web searching all night from a video that I saw 3 weeks ago. Not only that, but Gamespot and other official gamestores have also claimed and are telling people that Brawl will come out late summer as well....I'm not sure but we'll just have to wait and SEE. Please stay on topic. If you think it will come out later than I guess I'll just get disappointed when I can't buy brawl in Augaust, oh well I'll get over it.

Feed back on my ORIGINAL POST would be appreciated, thankyou.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Stores aren't really a good source for release dates. Most just put up dates so they can amass money from preorders. Summer lasts from the end of June to the end of September which is the majority of Q3, so it could very well be possible. I follow SSBB like a dog and the only videos that have mentioned it is that interview with Reggie on some gaming TV show in which he said that all three of the big three are set for a 2007 release and an interview with Beth Lewelyn (I probably spelled that wrong) at GDC where she says the same thing. So...I believe that the release remains a vague 2007.

As for your list...It sucks. Aside from King Dedede, Lucario, and Sonic, I have serious doubts that any of those stand a chance. Midna might but the rest are either too generic or unpivotal. And...failure for mispelling NiGHTS and the Viewtiful Joe reasoning. :/

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Cross my fingers and hope that people will read this...it's my very first post.

Anyways.....I've seen a lot of unsureness and ideas for these new characters for Brawl, and I think a lot of people will be dissapointed for there characters are really unlikely to get into brawl. HOWEVER: I have come up with several characters that I don't believe many people have taken much thought of. Here's my list for characters I will bet you will see this summer in brawl:

2. Daisy (You know she'll be in it)
3. Waluigi (If they put wario in it you know what's coming up....)
4. Zant (With the popular release of Twilight there's extremely high chance...Plus I just got this feeling)
6. Lucario (There's a thread on this showing a japanese video trailer of this)
7. Mew (Mew....Mewtwo....they've gotta have another wierdass pokemon in the new game)
9. Wigglytuff (Ya I know some of you are going "Tch, No way man" But jiggly puff has been in both smash games, some Designers might think it's time to take that extra step)

Just for the heck of it I'm going to have a list of characters I really doubt will be in it. (and I will give reasons to support)

1. Captain Olimar (I'm a HUGE pikmin fan but the graphics in brawl just don't match up with pikmin's bubbly, fun graphics)
2. Sonic (I might be wrong, but it's just hard pictureing sonic in a Smash game(Sonic Fans, you better not flame me))
3. Tails
4. Knights
6. Raichu (Fatass jigglypuff is one thing...but I just don't think Nintedo will go this far...)
7. Viewtful Joe (No Offense, but your pretty ritarded if guy this even crosses your mind)
8. Shy Guy (I was kind of hoping for this guy, but when I saw that they used him in a background of the mario kart battle field I knew he would be a no show (AGAIN))

There's my list. Any Comments are appreciated and if you have any thoughts or new ideas you think would suit brawl don't be shy and tell us. BUT PLEASE for the sake of my eyes not wanting to read too much crap in a day don't go into detail about the entire control scheme of a characters attacks...We'll find out this summer...you can wait.
For the most part, those are terrible lists.

1. I sort of agree, but then people will whine for Baby Mario...ugh.
2. Daisy's not different enough from Peach to be anything more than an alt. color.
3. Waluigi's only been in sports games, but I could maybe see it, if only to even things out amongst the Bros. Problem is, he has literally nothing to draw on.
4. He wasn't the main villain (I hate TP's stupid storyline), but more importantly; there's already too many Zelda characters, especially if Midna gets in...
5. She'd better be in.
6. The US doesn't even have access to Lucario yet.
7. Now you're just being stupid. If you think Mew's weird, try a mobile stomach.
8. Eh, maybe.
9. That's not quite as bad as Metapod for Brawl...but it's still dumb.

And another one!

1. Your reasoning sucks on this one, plus, Pikmin's one of Nintendo's... heck, maybe their only completely new IP's from GCN on.
2. Don't care either way. But in regards to what you said: who saw Snake coming?
3. Ditto (sans the Snake comment).
4. You mean NiGHTS? Well, Journey of Dreams isn't out til' Winter, so probably not.
5. Only one 3rd party character from any given franchise should be included, so this goes without saying. Plus all the other Sonic tagalongs suck.
6. Agreed.
7. Death to the non-believer! And yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.
8. Generic enemies shouldn't be included...even if they were in a Paper Mario game as a character (I'm lookin' at you, Capt. Bobbery!).

So uh, try to work on your common sense there pal.

Ahh it feels good to finally get something true from a commentor who flames my list....this might sound a bit wierd, but THANKYOU. I edited my list, took out wigglytuff and altered a few reasonings a bit....Keep feed back coming please

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Chief Mendez, America will have access to Lucario in two weeks. That's a non-issue.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
This topic makes me sad.

"It's hard picturing x in the game" and "I just have this feeling" are, as we all know, terrible reasons for a prediction. The boards actually have an entire topic where we debate the likelihood of many of the proposed characters based on three general factors:

1. Popularity, including how well-liked the character is and how many games it's been in.

2. Feasibility, including whether a viable moveset could be made for it and whether it would fit within the Smash Bros. sphere. Licensing conflicts would also go here.

3. Character Design, because Geno and the Skull Kid seem to have a following in Sakurai's polls, but have not been in more than one game (prominently). If a character is truly inventive and well-made, it has a shot.

There are innumerable sub-headings to these, but I doubt an unqualified "hunch" fits into the criteria. It could also be argued that the retros like Balloon Fighter, IC's and G&W don't fit into any of the above, and were included due to a "retro factor" intended to revive popularity of the old characters.

Ouch, hurts me to say it, but you couldn't be too right. I'm still tweaking my list, I put hard, straight-to-the-point facts in and took out all of the silly junk. Thanks for your feedback Pomfrod.

More Comments Appreciated!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
2. Daisy (With this character being in mario kart, mario tennis, practically mario anything it's really hard thinking that nintendo will skip this orange version of peach.) Daisy actually wears a yellow dress, but that's not the point. The point is, if you haven't played a Mario Sports game, you don't know Daisy. She cmight be in as a Peach clone, but the character really hasn't been explored enough (unlinke Luigi) to warrant a whole new, original moveset.

3. Waluigi (With the well waited Wario showing up to brawl Waluigi has waited long enough. As with Mario there will be Luigi, As with Wario there will be Waluigi.) Wario's had his own platformers and his own original games (Made in Wario), but Waluigi's only been in sports games. My reasoning with Daisy stands here.

4. Zant (With the popular release of Twilight there's extremely high chance of pro/antagonists of Twilight to be in the new Smash series.) Well, if you're going to include the sub-villain, than what's the harm in including Rusl and Ashei right? Oversaturation isn't a good thing. Then again, Mario's got about five or six characters, so I won't outright deny Zant.

6. Lucario (There's a thread on this showing a japanese video trailer of this) Even when the US does get him, he's still has the importance ratio of an Electabuzz. Unless I'm missing something and he's a central part ofone of the numerous Pokemon spin-off games or the TV show.

7. Mew (Mew....Mewtwo....Original, Creative, Fun, Just what Nintedo's Looking for. Possibly the New Replacement For Mew2.) But then who's going to grant us a bajillion points in Classic Mode when we throw that one lucky Pokeball? Besides, the Pokemon franchise's made three more generations of Legendary Pokemon by now, and Mew is nowhere near as cool as Deoxys or Darkrai.

1. Captain Olimar (With Rumors of Pikmin 3 on it's way Nintendo Will be just as busy with that as well. Captain Olimar is ever popular, but his attacks just might not fit into the control scheme, putting pikmin in the mix might be too complicated) What rumors? That first reason stinks; Sakurai's not working on Pikmin 3, is he? Although I agree on the control issue.

2. Sonic (Nintendo Tries Ever so hard for this blue animal to get into Brawl, but there's a great chance he will be a no show because of complications/conflicts with nintendo and sega)

3. Tails

4. Nights You're still spelling NiGHTS wrong.

6. Raichu (I just don't think Nintedo will go this far...)

7. Viewtful Joe ( Umm.....No, Even if Joe is a fighting, hard core warrior nintendo is aiming for Popularity as well as creativity...Sorry Joe) Taking a look at Pomfrod's post: Joe's got popularity (he's got his own anime, 4 games not including ports and remakes, and when his game first hit shelves in Japan, it sold like mad), Feasibility (Capcom should have a character in Brawl, and VJ's fresh, new, original, and a great match for the game), and is one of the coolest characters to come out of Japan since 2003.

9. Ridley (I know many want this, but Ridley would fit into event matches/ battle field backgrounds wrather than a playable character..) I actually like that idea. And hey, there's always debug mode, right Ridley-lovers?

10. Metroid (Same with Ridley) Indeed.
So there you go.

Top Bottom